Hungry Man Dinner

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
2z7moh5.jpg

Freeze-dried "steak" in some kind of brown sauce, green beans that are cooked to death, mashed "potatoes", and what kind of looks like a brownie. Doesn't sound like a Hungry Man Dinner to me.

ilkba0.jpg

Two types of dead land animal (chicken and pork chop) cooked in balsamic vinegar and tilapia in Old Bay Seasoning, along with a big bowl of green beans mixed with olive oil, minced garlic, and parsley. This sounds like a Hungry Man Dinner to me.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yours looks delicious!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No brownie-poo??? :huh:
  • clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    yes!!! the second one looks much better and will fill you up too... but now I have a hankering for fish and pork chops... maybe tomorrow nights dinner....
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this post.

I know its not always best to add sauces to stuff but for those out there that look at this and say "ewww fish" Use a table spoon of mayo with olive oil (this stuff is good and worth the money) and add some dill weed to it. Makes a great sauce that covers up any fishy taste that farm raised tilapia may have and at only around 50 calories is completely worth it. :)
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    I completely agree with this post.

I know its not always best to add sauces to stuff but for those out there that look at this and say "ewww fish" Use a table spoon of mayo with olive oil (this stuff is good and worth the money) and add some dill weed to it. Makes a great sauce that covers up any fishy taste that farm raised tilapia may have and at only around 50 calories is completely worth it. :)

Believe me, the tilapia would've been steak if it was defrosted. :)
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Believe me, the tilapia would've been steak if it was defrosted. :)

Haha personally I love a good tilapia filet but I'm one of those people that think fish need sauce and fat free tartar sauce is not edible.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I like your dishes.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    The second one looks waaaay more appetizing. The first one looks like plane food, bleurgh. Is it even edible?!
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My favorite part of the first pic is that "Great taste" is a new feature.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    2z7moh5.jpg

Freeze-dried "steak" in some kind of brown sauce, green beans that are cooked to death, mashed "potatoes", and what kind of looks like a brownie. Doesn't sound like a Hungry Man Dinner to me.

ilkba0.jpg

Two types of dead land animal (chicken and pork chop) cooked in balsamic vinegar and tilapia in Old Bay Seasoning, along with a big bowl of green beans mixed with olive oil, minced garlic, and parsley. This sounds like a Hungry Man Dinner to me.

Good Job!!! Yours looks much better!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    D: But what about the brownie-looking thing?!?!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Isn't it insane what we get conditioned to think of as food?
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    D: But what about the brownie-looking thing?!?!

That'll be my whey later.