• lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bpp23 wrote: »
    Awesome progress. I believe u just may have motivated me with the heavy lifting as I too will be 50 next spring. Great job!!
    Definitely give it a try
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You are incredible - and that's just what I needed to see today! I was feeling very disheartened about how my journey was going - I'm 53 and have made next to no progress in weight loss in almost a year! Thank you.
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    You are incredible - and that's just what I needed to see today! I was feeling very disheartened about how my journey was going - I'm 53 and have made next to no progress in weight loss in almost a year! Thank you.

Your welcome!

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    So I turn 50 years old in a few months and always believed that it was impossible to lose weight as a female once you got into menopause. I was proven wrong what it takes is hard work and a different approach. I needed to be lifting weights (heavy weights in addition to doing cardio) to build lean muscle and increase my metabolic rate.

I was always fit until I got married and had my first child, almost 24 years ago. I never lost the weight I gained that pregnancy, nor the two after that. I tried a zillion times in the last 24 years to lose weight, would lose some, somewhere along the line would become unmotivated and gain it all back plus more, that typical pattern. Last summer I thought I was having a heart attack at 48 years of age... turns out it was a gallbladder attack, but that is when I said enough... I am not dying young from being overweight. I met with a trainer once, she gave me an exercise plan and said I needed to be lifting weight as well as doing cardio. I picked up a book by Tosca Reno on eating clean and have totally changed how I eat. One year ago to this date I started on this weight loss journey, in one year I have lost 115lbs having gone from 292lbs to 177lbs, and have lost 16 inches of my waist, 10 inches on one thigh, almost 20 inches off my hips and 12 inches on my chest. I would still like to lose another 25lbs but I am at the stage now where I am focused more on getting toned then the weight loss, trying to tighten up as much of that loose skin as I can, but people it is possible at 50!

Hope this inspires at least one person on their journey.
    rx4uuv74525f.jpg
    Photo on the left was from about 6 years ago I weighed about 40lbs more last August when I started, selfie from yesterday.
    h3gxlghp038z.jpg
    Left photo my daughters wedding last August, right photo about 3 weeks ago
    8qywr7plzboz.jpg
    Left photo first selfie I took in the gym after about a month in the gym, on the right most recent gym selfie I took about a week ago
    s5qko8begpmu.jpg
    And all I can say is at least that belly is gone!

Ammmmaaaazzzziiinnnnggggggg!!!!!!!! You look absolutely great AND years younger. You Rock!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My friend, you are a true inspiration. So happy to be on this journey with you!! What a fabulous transformation. You've put in the work, and deserve to reap every reward and compliment! Kudos!! :smiley:
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    My friend, you are a true inspiration. So happy to be on this journey with you!! What a fabulous transformation. You've put in the work, and deserve to reap every reward and compliment! Kudos!! :smiley:

Thanks Rose!

• dlong1122
    dlong1122 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for your story! I will be 50 in a few months too and am determined to not live through that decade 80 lbs overweight like did the last two decades! Keep up the good work! You look amazing !!!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The "before" photos don't even look like you! Heavy weights you say.... I'll have to look into that! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off!

Heavy weights has been the biggest difference in transforming my body - hands down!

I find this as well. Lifting does so much for us. Better body composition, usually less loose skin after a large weight loss, and on top of that, we go into our "older years" much healthier. It's been proven over and over that building and keeping lean muscle means way less health issues as we age.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is highly motivating! I'm 30 (almost 31). I was always fit (lowest was 125lbs when I was 21, typical is usually 145lbs which I want to get to). I had my first at 25 and gained ~40lbs. I lost all of it by 4 months postpartum. My second I was 28 and gained ~40lbs again. This time I didn't work out as hard and I only lost the typical 20lbs. Now I'm still holding onto that ~20lbs extra over 2 years later and I'm not as in shape. I'm motivated to lose it and then maybe some more. I'm looking through these posts because they motivate me so much so when I get home today I'm motivated to get on the treadmill.
  • GeorgiaM2015
    GeorgiaM2015 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! You look awesome :)
  • Restoredvitality
    Restoredvitality Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You did a phenomenal job! Thank you for inspiring me to keep pushing :)
  • cowgirlmoney
    cowgirlmoney Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    great job, you look so much younger. you look great!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    great job... I can't even imagine. You have definately put in some work. WTG.
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I just turned 50 and am working on losing a tremendous amount of weight. Your story just let me know that it is possible - thanks!!!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    The "before" photos don't even look like you! Heavy weights you say.... I'll have to look into that! Congratulations on all your hard work paying off!

Heavy weights has been the biggest difference in transforming my body - hands down!

I find this as well. Lifting does so much for us. Better body composition, usually less loose skin after a large weight loss, and on top of that, we go into our "older years" much healthier. It's been proven over and over that building and keeping lean muscle means way less health issues as we age.

So true!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    elleelle03 wrote: »
    great job, you look so much younger. you look great!

Awwww thank you

• joequincy31
    joequincy31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Woah! Awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!