Exercise calories

Options
Ok so I am 5'2 152 lbs 22 yr old female and I eat 1250 cals a day, gw: 140. However, I see everyone saying to eat back exercise calories which I never log exercise! I logged tomorrow's expected exercise and got an extra 250 calories added on what I can eat but I struggle eating everything as it is. Do I HAVE to eat my exercise calories back?

Replies

• PatchFan
    PatchFan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It just depends on what works for you. Some people eat them all back. Others eat half or none of them back. I typically log half of the actual exercise I've done (e.g. if I walk for 1 hour, I'll log 30 minutes) because I feel like MFP tends to overestimate calories burned, and I'd rather be on the safe side. Typically, I try not to eat back the calories I've burned through exercise. If I do, I try not to eat back more than say half or so.
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree with PatchFan. On the other hand sometimes I exercise to I can eat if I've gone off the rails and had something out of the norm. I normally eat what I eat and worry more about quality and quantity than anything. Some days I have a hard time eating enough. I'd say if you're losing too fast then you might need to eat some of your exercise calories. You don't have a lot to loose so if you're averaging 1/2 pound a week then you should be good.