Calories to eat while lifting

Options
I'd like to find out how do I set activity level to calculate tdee when I do stronglift 3X or 2Xweekly and power walk 5km once a week.

I eat at 1300 but I find myself very hungry at times and if I dnt lower carbs I don't lose weight. But soon as I go lower than 50g I start to shed off weight! Anybody knows why?

I track very accurately and kitchen scale even if i nibble from my daughters food I track...

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If you're not otherwise active then I'd say use the sedentary setting, and add exercise calories using the exercise entry function. As for carbs, cutting them helps lose water weight but that effect will stop within a couple of weeks.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    yep just water weight but your calories are already low for someone who worksout
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cherriegh wrote: »
    I'd like to find out how do I set activity level to calculate tdee when I do stronglift 3X or 2Xweekly and power walk 5km once a week.

I eat at 1300 but I find myself very hungry at times and if I dnt lower carbs I don't lose weight. But soon as I go lower than 50g I start to shed off weight! Anybody knows why?

I track very accurately and kitchen scale even if i nibble from my daughters food I track...

What are your stats?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you want to discover your estimated TDEE then go to a TDEE calculator site and fill in your stats and activity - there are loads of them but this isn't one of them.

But if your exercise is bit sporadic why not just log your strength training and walking on here? Set your activity according to your lifestyle job and log your exercise.
    Simple! :smile:

Neither of your activities are big calorie burners by the way.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options

What are your stats?

I'm 5"2 weight at 137 female. I thought lifting burns calories that's why you should eat a bit more when lifting?

I really just want to lower my bf % and be size i would feel good at and at this moment looks like i haven't done anything even though its been 6weeks....I'm so discouraged I ate close to 2500cals yesterday and today my jeans feel tight and I'm bloated....sigh!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What are your stats?

I'm 5"2 weight at 137 female. I thought lifting burns calories that's why you should eat a bit more when lifting?

I really just want to lower my bf % and be size i would feel good at and at this moment looks like i haven't done anything even though its been 6weeks....I'm so discouraged I ate close to 2500cals yesterday and today my jeans feel tight and I'm bloated....sigh!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

use this if you don't want to use MFPs numbers.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I use sedentary and add exercise. Then mine goes from 1300 to 1500-1600. I find it easier than TDEE, especially when you don't do exactly the same thing everyday.