What motivates you?

Options
2»

Replies

• indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Looking at old photos of myself when I was really overweight and thinking about how far I have come and that I don't want to get myself back in that place mentally or physically.

And the fact that when I'm eating well and exercising regularly, I am 100% happier!
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started when things were all starting to piece themselves together in the aim to get fit and healthy again and in the process I kind of lost all that and just kept doing it for the sake of seeing it through and having a single driving motion. Think I'll keep going just to make some people see how far I can go.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    The desire to improve at my chosen sports. I do both fencing and Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I compete to see how I compare to others but love the belt system in Jui Jitsu as well as it allows me to measure my journey in a practical way. I'm still a little white belt, but watching my team mates grade inspires me to persevere knowing that one day I will earn a blue belt too.
  • ronevans534
    ronevans534 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! I like how this community steps up and pushes each other. Mine is twofold..just wanting to be a positive role model to those around me for one and also getting ready for my first sprint triathlon for another.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Motivation is fleeting. It comes and goes. My obsession to be the best version of myself keeps me going when I feel like training or not. Discipline is key too.
  • godschalk2
    godschalk2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    What is motivating me now is quite simply health. We moved from a college town in WV to a tourist area on the coast of SC. For the last year my husband & I have been eating like we were on vacation...so 15 lbs later the madness has to stop! So back to what works.....healthy eating ....& excerise!