Nursing Moms.....where you at?!?

Options
MissSeven
MissSeven Posts: 27 Member
Nursing mom here. Trying to lose this baby weight and connect with other nursing moms.

Replies

• amandamaeroddy16
    amandamaeroddy16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Baby is 6 weeks old tomorrow. I had a c section. I started out heavier then actually lost weight during my pregnancy. I'm down 17 ish pounds since getting pregnant. I want to loose about 73 pounds now!
  • MissSeven
    Options
    I'm new too! Baby is 6 weeks old tomorrow. I had a c section. I started out heavier then actually lost weight during my pregnancy. I'm down 17 ish pounds since getting pregnant. I want to loose about 73 pounds now!

Hi there! Sounds great. My little one is 14 months. I just started seeing a nutritionist. I find it so hard with trying to lose this weight while nursing. But we can do it. Hang in there!
  • 031sandy
    031sandy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me. Little one is 10 months old. I lost 63 lbs with help of myfitnesspal before getting pregnant with this one. I put on 40 lbs during that pregnancy n lost 20 lbs within few weeks after csection. I gained 15 again but now down 10 again. He's breastfed still.
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Angelajeanmcmahan85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... my baby is 3 months now... struggling w my milk supply though; ( the Dr put me on a medication that decreases prolactin and although I still make milk, it's not enough and I really want to breastfeed again but mainly pumping to build my supply up. Enjoy your nursing time w your little ones... I miss it
  • MissSeven
    Options
    031sandy wrote: »
    Add me. Little one is 10 months old. I lost 63 lbs with help of myfitnesspal before getting pregnant with this one. I put on 40 lbs during that pregnancy n lost 20 lbs within few weeks after csection. I gained 15 again but now down 10 again. He's breastfed still.

Hi there! Wow! That is great you had lost that weight. Hang in there! We can support each other.
  • MissSeven
    Options
    Hey everyone... my baby is 3 months now... struggling w my milk supply though; ( the Dr put me on a medication that decreases prolactin and although I still make milk, it's not enough and I really want to breastfeed again but mainly pumping to build my supply up. Enjoy your nursing time w your little ones... I miss it

Hi there! Stay encouraged :-).
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You mommies are awesome! I was STARVING all the time when I was breastfeeding. It's hard work.

Ok, I wasn't starving, but it felt like it.
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Angelajeanmcmahan85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lol I'm still starving haha
  • karayork1
    karayork1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My little guy is 5 months old and I'm trying to lose the almost 50 lbs I put on
  • Chio1980
    Chio1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nursing too! First day on mfp. Totally guessing on how many extra calories to add to daily total. I read 500 but also 300. Decided on 500 because I'm scared of decrease milk supply. What are you guys doing?
  • MissSeven
    Options
    @jayv85 yes! I feel like I'm starving all the time too lol
  • MissSeven
    Options
    @karayork1 Hi! I'm trying to lose about 40lbs. We can do it!
  • MissSeven
    Options
    @Chio1980 welcome! Hopefully you find mfp helpful in your weight loss journey. It has helped me a lot so far.

I read you are supposed to add 300-500 additional calories and you are not supposed to go under 1500 calories for that may put your milk supply at risk. I put my calorie goal at 1710 but try to stay under that goal. Exercising can compensate for the high calorie goal as well. Hope this helps!
  • nmizo
    nmizo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My baby is a month old, so I'm not aggressively trying to lose weight yet, just getting back into accountability and healthier habits. Unfortunately I gained 40lbs in the year before my pregnancy, so went into my pregnancy at my all time highest weight (higher even than when I was 9 months pregnant with my other daughter). I've got about 50lbs to lose, which is very daunting, and to be honest I feel ashamed for letting it get to this point.
  • KarlyPPW
    KarlyPPW Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My baby is 15 months old and is down to nursing just once or twice a day now. Nursing is not a magic weight loss pill for me - I am compulsively hungry especially when pumping at work and gained weight with both babies I nursed even after having very healthy pregnancies with no real weight gain. At the moment I'm working really hard to lose the weight and eventually wean her because I will be getting a breast reduction.
  • MissSeven
    Options
    @nmizo don't be ashamed. I feel the same way. With my first child I gained little weight and was able to get to my regular size I no time. With my second child I gained so much weight! I gained 60lbs. I lost 20lbs already but trying to lose these last 40lbs is so hard. We can do it though! Stay encouraged