Dear annoying apartment neighbours

Options
Moofey2
Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
Dear upstairs neighbours,

I understand that our walls and floors are a bit on the thin side since it is an apartment complex and that I will hear you walking or even thump around a bit BUT, all hours of the night you sound like a pack of hippos doing a ballet.... Seriously.... What the hell are you doing up there at 3 am on a week night that sounds like that...?!?!? I have to wake up at 5 am for work every morning and really don't want to have to wake up to find a broomstick to pound on the ceiling... No wonder when I moved in there was a broomstick sized hole in my ceiling... Seriously people, go to sleep!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Moofey2 wrote: »
    What the hell are you doing up there at 3 am on a week night that sounds like that...?!?!?

One guess....

And stop being a whiny *kitten* *kitten*. I'm pretty sure they don't read this forum. Try knocking on their door and discussing the problem.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    People use the internet for bizarre things......
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My downstairs neighbors probably wonder the same thing, since I work all night from home. They've never said anything though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Moofey2 wrote: »
    Dear upstairs neighbours,

I understand that our walls and floors are a bit on the thin side since it is an apartment complex and that I will hear you walking or even thump around a bit BUT, all hours of the night you sound like a pack of hippos doing a ballet.... Seriously.... What the hell are you doing up there at 3 am on a week night that sounds like that...?!?!? I have to wake up at 5 am for work every morning and really don't want to have to wake up to find a broomstick to pound on the ceiling... No wonder when I moved in there was a broomstick sized hole in my ceiling... Seriously people, go to sleep!

why don't you ask them , not us? or are your neighbours on MFP too?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    They're possibly just venting, some people're just; the non-confrontational type.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    this is why i could never share walls with someone.

That and my son stomps around like a T-Rex. How a 60 pound 10 year old can sound like a herd of elephants walking across the floor is beyond me. None of the rest of us make a sound.

Sir and I ARE trying to break that habit but man, if we did share a floor/ceiling with someone, I'd really feel for them. And send them baked goods every week. But.... hes also asleep at 3 am. LOL
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh thats hysterical! i didnt even notice the date on it lolololol
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Poor OP. All he wanted was a vent, and it took people 4 and a half years to acknowledge him...

Lol I am obviously half asleep!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Poor OP. All he wanted was a vent, and it took people 4 and a half years to acknowledge him...

:laugh:

why do people find these zombie threads to reply to?!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My biggest commodity was hampers full of clothes. I didn't even buy a dresser :D

I do this currently but only because it alleviates, my duties; due to my disability. I hang or place clothes, towels, coats, sheets, etc. in clean only clothes hampers. I don't fold anything anymore!

Buy the way, the OP made this thread; over 4 1/2 years ago!

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My downstairs neighbors play heavy metal music for several hours a day. My upstairs neighbors wear shoes in their apartment that sounds like it's all hardwood floors. I don't complain because my husband plays guitar through an amp for hours a night at least 4 nights a week. I also jump around working out 5-6 days a week. I call us the loud section. It works out well. Hopefully nobody quiet moves nearby.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    My biggest commodity was hampers full of clothes. I didn't even buy a dresser :D

I do this currently but only because it alleviates, my duties; due to my disability. I hang or place clothes, towels, coats, sheets, etc. in clean only clothes hampers. I don't fold anything anymore!

Buy the way, the OP made this thread; over 4 1/2 years ago!
    Agree with you 100%

I only hang my shirts and suits. I have a tie closet. The rest go into the hamper. My wife hates it. It conflicts with her idea of clean living. She is a neat freak and recently got so freaked out that she bought the Marie Condo or something book about organization. She folds everything in that fashion. I pile them into the hamper and hide them. It is a waste of time and I have no time to pull clothes and fold them.

I'd like to be more proper, I've always been neat but not overly so, so this was an easy decision; to make & like you, I am with important items; that wrinkle.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    Ranting on here doesn't solve your issue. Talking to your neighbor might.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You are resurrecting a four year old thread from one of the worst MFP posters of all time. Good job.
  • CorgiWaddles
    CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You are resurrecting a four year old thread from one of the worst MFP posters of all time. Good job.

Lol
  • Moofey3
    Moofey3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Moofey is always watching..... ;)
  • Moofey3
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    You're the watcher type huh?

Have been for a while now, But yes I am the real Moofey. I just saw this and couldn't resist posting again under the dreaded Moofey name once. Don't have to many nightmares ;) Moofey might have grown up alot and just learned to keep her trap shut.
  • Moofey3
    Options
    Well I'm not an expert or anything but your profile says you've only been a member for 18 minutes

Who knows.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Moofey3 wrote: »
    You're the watcher type huh?

Have been for a while now, But yes I am the real Moofey. I just saw this and couldn't resist posting again under the dreaded Moofey name once. Don't have to many nightmares ;) Moofey might have grown up alot and just learned to keep her trap shut.

Hey, a lot can change in a few years. At least you didn't dig up your own thread.