Is there one food indulgence you won't give up?

Options

Replies

• alpacalypsia
    alpacalypsia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've give up most chips as they won't fit in my daily calorie allowances, but I just can't give up on my ramen. It's all empty calories and salt, but mmm noodles... I eat less for breakfast/lunch on days I eat it so I can make it fit. Totally worth it every now and then!
  • Angelajeanmcmahan85
    Angelajeanmcmahan85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My son n bf are pizza eaters to the extreme so as I change my diet to a more healthier diet, I still have me some pizza. Just not as much lol
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ice cream stays in my plan. I do not have it often, but it is certainly part of my options.
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've given up quite a few things or reduced them out of my diet. But vanilla syrup in my morning coffee - I only put a small amount but I just can't resist.

(I don't count it, or the milk!)
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as most others have said -- I haven't specifically given up things, but I have stopped eating the junk on a frequent/daily basis. I used to eat a ton of chips, cookies, donuts, and ice cream... now I am doing ice cream about once a week and trying to avoid the rest. On the weekend I made healthier homemade cookies... things like that. For me it's all about being consistent and making good choices, while still living life.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I have one dove dark chocolate square every day with my noon vitamins & meds. I consider it my "don't be mean" medicine.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Several here:

1. I *LOVE* real Vermont maple syrup (lived in Vermont for awhile) so use it on Belgian waffles occasionally.
    2. Real cheese. I like all kinds of interesting cheeses and still buy them, just try to limit them to 1-2 ounces a day. My current favorite is Old Croc Australian Extra Sharp Cheddar--a tiny bit goes a long way in taste.
    3. Keeping with the cheese theme--real homemade mac and cheese on occasion. This is a HUGE indulgence, though--real cheese, real milk, real butter, breadcrumbs, the works. Don't do this one very often.
    4. Cake--I can resist crappy supermarket cakes, but real bakery cakes with lots of buttercream icing. Again, another HUGE indulgence so only a few times a year.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    give up nothing!
  • jvtchong
    jvtchong Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Moderate, yes - give up, no!
  • ptitscargot
    ptitscargot Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Can't give up my latte! One or two a day (nonfat milk and no sugar). But still can't go on with my day without it!
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You really don't need to give up anything. Just make it fit your calories.

Says me sat here with a HUGE glass of wine :Do:)

Exactly this. Easy on the wine though lol.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I never have and never will give up anything! I'm a strong believer in everything in moderation and not denying myself the foods I enjoy every now and then :smile:
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I eat less of it, but I haven't given up anything.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I give things up for a period of time, especially if I've been on a streak of poor decisions, because I come out of it feeling soooooo good! No heartburn, no bloating, more energy, better sleep. BUT I will not give anything up permanently because I do believe moderation is the key long-term. Wine is one thing I especially try to keep some cals saved for!
  • PinkSuede
    PinkSuede Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. I have to have about 2 squares a day. Super calorie dense but worth every tiny bite. It's so weird though because when I'm not actively eating healthy I could care less about chocolate.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I won't give up my Monster Java Loca Moca. I consider it my breakfast.
  • bigizzy
    bigizzy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    saintshoc wrote: »
    Cheesecake for me but when shedding weight it is a once every ten weeks treat rather than the more frequent indulgence when off the wagon.

You only live once, it's a once a week treat for me. Millionaires Cheesecake. Mmmm...cheesecake :smiley:
  • redperphexion
    redperphexion Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Newp, nothing is off-limits. That just creates a "forbidden fruit" situation for me. I have had to teach myself that I can eat as much as I want of anything, anytime. Otherwise, the food-hoarder/binge-extraordinaire monster shows up, and I feel like I have to eat all the things, now. Instead, I remind myself to make the choice with my long-term goggles on, instead of my tantrum/beer/'instant grat' goggles, and usually that's enough to CHOOSE not to eat that thing I'm allowed. Other times, it's worth it, and I make it fit.
  • sohifirefly
    sohifirefly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    For me it's real cream in my coffee. I have two cups in the morning and that's all. I enjoy it so much it's worth the calories. A friend commented that I could save a lot of calories by using low fat milk, but it just is not the same, so I count the calories and enjoy. Does anyone else have something they like so much they won't give up?

I was the same way with 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. Then I went to fat free 1/2 and 1/2 which surprisingly is just as creamy to me. And just a couple of weeks ago I discovered So Delicious Coconut Creamer which I love! Non dairy and lower calorie. It doesn't taste like coconut - it's just creamy and delicious.

Ranch dressing. If I have a salad I want ranch dressing. And not the fat free stuff.
  • wullhunter
    wullhunter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mmmm beer