Bored.. Cant stop eating

Options
Hello all
I just started to go to the gym and trying to lose weight. My issue right now is that i cant stop eating at night when i am at home. When i am stressed i eat also.. Any tips to help me ?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do. Preferably something you need to keep your hands clean for.
  • sabrinagb91
    sabrinagb91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Find something else to do. Preferably something you need to keep your hands clean for.

I tried but I still eat ...
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I never discovered any easy solutions.
    You learn to gut it out and find your self-discipline. I realize that's not the cute answer, but I have found that losing weight and becoming fit and healthy is very simple.
    It's just hard as hell!
    :o
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Learn how to knit socks.
  • tatt00fr3ak
    tatt00fr3ak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink water. No calories in water and no complex digestion needed to process it.
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Find low cal snacks. I just ate cereal and skim milk 210 cal (It was enough to be my dinner)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you can't stop snacking because you are under eating? What are your stats? (Cal goal, ht/wt/age/activity, typical exercise burns).
  • seeannarun
    seeannarun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink herbal tea that helps you sleep from around 7pm to start unwinding and to keep my mind off food. It keeps your belly full too. Or plan to arrive home from a workout at 7/7:30, have a decent dinner and start relaxing and unwinding for the night. If you're still starving, have some cottage cheese or a casein protein.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat enough food, good food, food you like. Plan your meals and have available just the food you intend to eat. De-stress, and then distract yourself if you still feel an urge to eat.
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I paint my nails. 2 coats of polish plus a top coat. the time this takes, plus the smell helps reduce snacking.

Same here. Or I drink tea so I still have something nice and it keeps me full longer. Also, I try to brush my teeth pretty early so that when I watch tv, my mouth is minty and I don't want to eat.
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I work out at home when I'm bored. Kills two birds with one stone....I'm not eating AND I'm getting exercise!
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    When I am bored , I usually exercise or watch Netflix or walk my dog, play video games , read something or listen to music. There are LOTS of things you can do to distract yourself that do not involve eating.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I do all sorts... hot drinks (I'm always caffeinated), cold fizzy ones (diet coke or sparkling water... I love the sensation). Gum or bubblegum works as well. Or I just get up and do a lap around my building. By the time I get back the craving has usually subsided.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you are just eating because you are bored then find a hobby. Something that is either hands on like crafting, gets you up and moving like talking a walk, or stimulates your brain like donating your time to a nursing home to talk with the lonely older people. Movies and tv shows aren't the best hobby for most people as they tend to invite mindless snacking.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Video games and diet soda. You're welcome. Console game so you can't get the controller greasy/sticky/gritty.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Video games and diet soda. You're welcome. Console game so you can't get the controller greasy/sticky/gritty.

My greasy/sticky/gritty controller begs to differ
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »

My greasy/sticky/gritty controller begs to differ

heretic
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chew gum, drink tea (trust me, I get it. I've had like 3-5 cups in a night to stop me from eating), go for a walk, drink more water (or put a sugar-free flavor in it so your brain thinks it's like food), watch a show, etc. Lemon in water helps stop cravings. Other than that you may just have to tough it out until you get used to it.

OR if you actually are hungry, I find a tablespoon of nut butter helps. Healthy fats