STILL EATING SWEETS

Options
Hello Everybody!

I have been calorie counting for 3 weeks now and I'm down 7.5 lbs. Yay! I seem to not do too well with sticking to new things when I dive in head-first. So I've still been eating some processed junk and sweets, just not as much. I try to get more fresh fruit and vegetables and really focus on staying right around my calorie goal. Anyone else have luck with eating some of the same crap they used to, but making sure they don't eat too much of it? I feel like a big part of my problem is portion control. Logging everything on MFP has kept me on track with not snacking mindlessly. I just really enjoy some ice cream in the evening and often turn to quick and easy forms of protein (like packaged salmon or deli lunch meat).

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I just finished a brownie. So yep, I have all the food I can work into my goals!

Dessert after tonight's dinner (steak. mushrooms and asparagus) was chocolate oreo volcano frozen yogurt. :)

And you didn't invite me? Hmph.
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I eat the same stuff as i used to i just keep within my calorie goals (well most of the time) and have lost 34lb and 6 inches in 6 months
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    JG1984 wrote: »
    Hello Everybody!

I have been calorie counting for 3 weeks now and I'm down 7.5 lbs. Yay! I seem to not do too well with sticking to new things when I dive in head-first. So I've still been eating some processed junk and sweets, just not as much. I try to get more fresh fruit and vegetables and really focus on staying right around my calorie goal. Anyone else have luck with eating some of the same crap they used to, but making sure they don't eat too much of it? I feel like a big part of my problem is portion control. Logging everything on MFP has kept me on track with not snacking mindlessly. I just really enjoy some ice cream in the evening and often turn to quick and easy forms of protein (like packaged salmon or deli lunch meat).

I have something sweet every single day; right now different varieties of lactose free ice cream. Other times it's cookies. I'm not perfect at it, but I work very hard to make sure to stay within my calorie goals.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I just finished a brownie. So yep, I have all the food I can work into my goals!

Dessert after tonight's dinner (steak. mushrooms and asparagus) was chocolate oreo volcano frozen yogurt. :)

Being being lactose intolerant, I wish there was lactose free frozen yogurt. Ben & Jerry's makes lactose free ice cream now, though, so that makes me very happy. :)
  • JG1984
    JG1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys. I feel like there are a lot of health nuts out there who try to tell you you shouldn't have any processed foods and you have to cut out sugar and make sure you're eating all-natural, blah-blah-blah. I know that would be healthiest and in a perfect world, we all would eat like that but the truth is, I don't have time to homecook most meals and I can't afford all that fresh, organic stuff. So sometimes (admittedly, more often than not) the family sits down to a meal that came out of a package.

At least I strive to get in all the food groups!
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Life is better eating the things you enjoy we just have to eat a bit less of go to the gym work like a nutter for 2 hours then go out for a chinese :)
  • madpsycho32
    madpsycho32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And letting yourself eat the foods that you want and loosing weight can be done. So remember you don't have to beat your self up if you want something bad because if you tell yourself you can't have something you are more likely to eat it. So if you want pizza one day save your calories for some pizza or fit in a slice for lunch that is fine. As long as you are in a caloric deficit you will loose weight it just takes time.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I had 6 blueberry pie Oreos yesterday. Im having Pop Tarts tonight, cherry maybe?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have chocolate every day.
    I managed lose over 1/2 of my current body weight and have kept it off for almost 3 years, eating all foods in moderation. My ultimate goal is to keep the weight off and I know it would never work for me if I denied any food that I love. It has worked so far.
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I always make room in the day for my popcorn and Twizzlers snack before bed. I wouldn't be a happy camper if I denied myself things I enjoy!