Is there one food indulgence you won't give up?

Options
13»

Replies

• IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    NO food is off limits to me, if I want it I make it work. My motto is, I can have anything I want, just not all in the same day. I have pizza every week, ice cream occasionally, burgers, fries, cookies. I just don't eat like that every day and I balance it with healthier food choices. Deprivation does NOT work for me at all!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    cheese
  • LudwigKandinsky
    LudwigKandinsky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is my worst enemy. I always feel like crap after I eat it
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    All of them.

It's not what I eat, it's the quantity.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Nothing. If I want something specific I pre-log it and plan the whole rest of the day around it.
  • TarikOktay
    TarikOktay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here. Won't give up anything just eating less of it so it will fit in my macros. So eating less snickers but still there! Just watch your calories and macros. It is olmost impossible if so enjoyable to keep strictly to your diet without a little bit of "cheating".
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I too can't give up half and half in coffee. I've tried almond, coconut creamers and milk and you're right it is not as good. Also can't give up popcorn and red wine!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    cheesecake.

I don't care that it blows my calories for the day AND that i'm lactose intolerant. Pry it from my cold dead hands world!
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Don't give up anything if you like it, just eat in moderation
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Wine and dark chocolate, sometimes together.
  • cglouie
    cglouie Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm in the "I didn't give up anything" camp. I just planned for it and if it was spontaneous, I made room for it over the next few days. In my past weight loss attempts, I gave things up and I was miserable so always ended up gaining the weight back. This past year, I didn't give anything up and the weight loss seemed to be easy because I wasn't miserable.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I wouldn't give up to reach my objective but that doesn't mean I won't/can't eat something as long as it fits w/in my calorie and macro limits.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Only thing I've given up are the foods that cause me bloating, cramps and general malaise. Namely bread (I love a spicy hot pizza), pasta, rice, grains and potatoes.
    I had some fries and garlic bread recently on holiday - I was on holiday!! Worst thing I could have done. I was poorly the next day, my guts did not enjoy that day.
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Options
    My French vanilla coffee creamer....full fat....i gotta have it. It makes me smile :)
  • ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rice. Well, I didn't exactly gave it up but I'm eating less of it. I used to eat rice 3x a day everyday, but now I only eat it once a month or so.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    In-N-Out Burger

This is like throwing a grenade in my bowels but I'll fall on it for the platoon every now and then.

In-N-Out%20Animal%20Fries.jpg?1361843067
  • shesthetype
    shesthetype Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Burger Fuel!! Once a week I have a Flame Thrower chicken burger and Spud fries, and I log it. I also make homemade pizza once a week, stacked high with vegetables (mushroom, capsicum, onion, avocado, etc), chicken bacon, pineapple, and edam cheese. I eat the entire thing lol and I also log it. I eat slightly less during those days to balance it out, or I go hard and do my workout, as well as go for a run/walk and clean the entire house. Needless to say, by the time my treat meal rolls around, I'm mega hungry! :)
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really call it an indulgence since I often work it into my diary when I have it, but sushi. Though when I have it, I usually toss out the soy sauce packet that comes with it [cuts around 700mg sodium that way].
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up but have learnt moderation. On a Saturday my boyfriend and I eat out or order in takeaway. Could be curry, pizza, spaghetti or even a cheeky fudge brownie sundae ;-) we used to eat that stuff every day of the week but since having it just one day a week and eating healthy the other six days we are both half a stone down :-)
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Gave up nothing really :#