Help me with avocado toast!

2»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Unused avocado? Am I the only person who eats the whole thing in one sitting?
    I smash it on toast, 1 or 2 slices, grinding of salt and pepper, sprinkling of chilli flakes, job done.

*snort*

If I did that, it'd be a huge chunk of my daily eats, given the size of most avocados in my grocery. I like avocados, but enough for it to be the only thing I eat for dinner.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    You can actually freeze avocado too. I've smashed them with a bit of lime or lemon juice (though I don't know that the acid would even be necessary) and made single serving packets. They thaw in a few minutes too.

I also discovered Wholey Guacamole 100 calorie packs. These are always in my freezer, and the plain variety is pretty much just mashed avocado. Perfect amount for toast or a sandwich, though they doesn't have the slightly chunkier texture you'd get if you just quickly smashed it with a fork.
  • BodyzLanguage
    BodyzLanguage Posts: 200 Member
    Avocado toast? Wow. I'm waiting on orange muffins.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    i take ciabatta and toast it in a cast iron with like 4 grams of butter. spread the avocado on it top woth tomatoes and a little fresh shaved parm. Pop it under the broiler then take arugala toss it in olive oil and balsamic and top it on the toast.
  • ashley_alandt
    ashley_alandt Posts: 3 Member
    My favorite way is to put an egg and some turkey bacon on it with hot sauce! I usually season with paprika, or I like garham masala (an indian spice) and feta cheese on it. Really you can get creative! Avocado just kind of brings out whatever flavors its paired with so think of thingss you like to the flavor of and try it on your toast
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    I put slices of avocado on Wasa crackers - similar concept. My favourite way to top it is with sliced sun dried tomatoes. If I don't have any on hand, garlic powder is my second favourite way to season it.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    I love a little balsamic vinegar drizzled over avocado toast with a sunny side up egg, sprinkled with a little sea salt. :-)
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Unused avocado? Am I the only person who eats the whole thing in one sitting?
    I smash it on toast, 1 or 2 slices, grinding of salt and pepper, sprinkling of chilli flakes, job done.

You are not alone. I split it with someone if they are standing right there asking for it, otherwise the avocado is mine, mine, mine.

On toast? I like with either
    Egg
    Cream cheese
    Mayo
    Sharp Cheddar
    Sweet Onion
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    fishshark wrote: »
    i take ciabatta and toast it in a cast iron with like 4 grams of butter. spread the avocado on it top woth tomatoes and a little fresh shaved parm. Pop it under the broiler then take arugala toss it in olive oil and balsamic and top it on the toast.

OMG this sounds AMAZING! Definitely trying this one!