Metabolism boosting!

Options
SamjdRH
SamjdRH Posts: 15 Member
I am a 26 year old woman with a very slow metabolism. Help! I need suggestions on how I can boost it... so far I'm drinking ice cold water and a glass of milk before bed as apparently it boosts it :) . :p we hope find out soon enough!

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Unless you have had specific metabolic testing to determine your BMR, it's highly unlikely you have a slow metabolism. Even those who have issues don't have much of a difference in the end. A lot of people believe that there is something making weight loss more difficult for them. I used to be one of these people. I've lost 76lbs so far and all it took was realizing I had to do this. I recommend watching a show on Youtube called Secret Eaters. Then, make a decision to honestly stick with your calorie goals.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Increasing muscle mass.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    10K runs, walks, boxing class, bootcamp workouts, personal trainer and spinning have been my best metabolism boosters. All are easy to do and most don't require much in the way of financial commitments.
  • ErlienWubs
    ErlienWubs Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If your metabolism is slow, you should very slowly increase your calories and train more. Or you can go easier on the exercise. Just as long as you're not trying to exercise more and eat less.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ErlienWubs wrote: »
    If your metabolism is slow, you should very slowly increase your calories and train more. Or you can go easier on the exercise. Just as long as you're not trying to exercise more and eat less.

exercising more and eating less will cause weight loss though, which will make the perceived slow metabolism problem disappear.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You cannot boost your metabolism. Increase your calories burned (TDEE) or decrease calorie intake. A calorie deficit is the ONLY way to lose bodyfat.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

*the only video you need to see on "my metabolism is slow!"

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Drink the blood of a Unicorn.