KIA ORA from New Zealand

Options
Natp274
Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
My weight has gone up and down up and down. I have a problem with binge eating. Now I am at a size where enough is enough. My genes are of pacific island descent, so naturally I am "big boned". In my community, we aren't taught the healthy habits of reading labels for nutritional benefits. You put it in your mouth, not read the labels and have a relationship with it. Since a young age I've had poor eating habits. But that was yesterday, and this is now...

I want to have a healthy lifestyle, and maintain a good balance: mind body and spirit. Things aren't perfect for me, as it wouldn't be because I'm human. Yet this place and space in cyberworld will help educate what's good for my body, and what it needs - rather than what it wants. I am rebooting my mainframe, and re-educating the way my body lives. I want to learn new habits, new ways - because they're healthy! and that's all. "Kia Ora" in the Maori language means "have life" or "be well". That's where I am going to be.

I joined two days ago and already am loving it!! :love:

BEST WISHES to everyone - and it begins!

Peace be de journey...

N :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    i gotta remeber kia ora, that is awesome, anyway add me if you like and good luck :)
  • orangejellybean
    orangejellybean Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    :smile: Kia Ora! I wish you all the best on your journey to a new and healthy lifestyle :)

I am going to send you a friend request...

I love this site, it is so good for support and knowledge and just keep track of what you eat and how much you burn on a day to day basis!

Katie :smile:
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Kia ora and welcome to MFP! I'm another Kiwi (theres a fair few of us on here) and it is an awesome website. I'll send you a friend request too :flowerforyou:
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you resolve to come to this site every day, post your food and exercise diaries, and use the tools offered here, you will find inspiration, motivation and be educated all at the same time. I'll send a friend request, if you'd like another motivator for your healthy change in life and style.
  • CorinaMakaea
    CorinaMakaea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey cuz! Thanks for introducing me to this site and yes I know you can do it!! Even though I'm pregant I'd still love to eat well, motivate myself to exercise and watch what i put in my mouth too and I have already read some pretty inspirational stuff!!! Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!!! xx
  • Natp274
    Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your words of welcome :). This week has been great, getting to know myself and my eating habits, learning how to use MFP, reading peoples inspiring stories. It's been fun!

and hi Cuz! yay - soOOoo glad you joined up, and we can carry on after you've had baby too :). I will be here supporting you all the way xx. I know right?! about the fantastic stories and testimonies, they're just amazing. I read a pregnant ladies story the other day, which instantly made me think of you haha. Will keep in touch!