Is it okay to call a cat 'grey cat'?

Options
124»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Boy or girl? You could name it Mister Grey Cat.
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Why don't you make its official name "Smokey the Gray Cat" and then everyone can pick whichever nickname they like the best?

We have had a cat named "The Magnificent Marvelous Mad Madam Mim" and just called her Mim (or Mim-Mim). One of our cats now is named Princess Peanut Butter but we just call her Peanut.

Incidentally, we once had a gray cat we named Mouse!

Cats don't care - and neither does the vet!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My grey cat is named Cheesecurd. Clearly the best name out there.

We caught him feral and lured him out of the bushes with cheesecurds.. So yeah.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Listen to your wife; she'll be the one caring for you when you're older!
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The only name we ever remembered being called out at the vets office was Captain Bubbles. You could almost hear the cat insisting that wasn't really his name as his carrier went around the corner.

I think for our next cat we'll have a home name and a vet name so it can be fun when the assistant calls out Fleabait? Or Insurance? Or Beetlejuice (make them say it three times of course)
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Name it Dorian. (Dorian Gray)
  • kirstenleigh123
    kirstenleigh123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has a cat named jerk cat and another one named good cat haha
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No one calls pets by their real name all the time .. It can be a nickname
  • Julieagain
    Julieagain Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've asked our ginger cat, whose name is Ginger Cat and he says its ok. We had a grey cat, we called him Earl, until we found out he was a she, but by then Earl had stuck. It suited her to a tea. ( slightly embarrassed face)
  • Orphanogenesis
    Orphanogenesis Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Is your son named "Boy?"

*snort*

• lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I got a couple of kittens and one was black cat. I didn't want to name him stupid "normal" black cat names. So his name is Pugsley! And his sister is Wednesday :smiley: She has the little white collar and cuffs on her paws to fit that name too! So yeah... I had a friend who named his cat Cat... and other one that named his cat Neko (cat in Japanese). So find a compromise! He's a cutie pie!! Smokey is lame! Find some fun name to name your cat!

I had a grey cat I took in many years ago. I named him Casper (like the ghost!) So you can go that route :smile:
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Haven't you heard? All cats have three different names.

https://allpoetry.com/The-Naming-Of-Cats

Go with Grey Cat as one of them for it (you don't know the sex yet??). No one down at the veterinary office is going to batt an eye or think it's weird, although the staff will likely assume a kid named it. Just be prepared for a possible shortening to 'GC'.

• MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    We had a grey cat called Grey Malkin, and every one just called him Grey,

A grimalkin (also called a greymalkin) is an archaic term for a cat.[1] The term stems from "grey" (the colour) plus "malkin", an archaic term with several meanings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimalkin