"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 7 & 8

Options
12346»

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm totally trying the "adding a picture" thing... this will be my first time, so let's see if it works..

Here's me in June of 2010. I'm just about 180 pounds here. (I'm in the green shirt)

June2010.jpg

And here's me June 1, 2011... right around 140 pounds!!!! Yup, 40 pounds looks a lot different, I think!

MeJune12011.jpg

Ok, my Mom and Sis and Niece didn't get cropped out like I tried to do... but you can still see me in the green... sorry!

Thanks to all of you for sticking with me on this journey. I'm not done yet, but I'm getting there!!!!

You are looking amazing, two different people :O
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm still not home and won't be until the 18th of July, but I popped in here while I had a few minutes. I just have a second and I wanted to say, I DO want to continue this H2O challenge. You all are such a support to me and help keep me going. Even though I didn't get the walking challenges done, I DO love this challenge and the ladies that are here. :heart:

Just my 2 cents. :wink:

Off to be with the family! :heart: :heart:
  • bjshooter
    Options
    I'm still not home and won't be until the 18th of July, but I popped in here while I had a few minutes. I just have a second and I wanted to say, I DO want to continue this H2O challenge. You all are such a support to me and help keep me going. Even though I didn't get the walking challenges done, I DO love this challenge and the ladies that are here. :heart:

Just my 2 cents. :wink:

Off to be with the family! :heart: :heart:

I agree we should continue, its been about a year now :O
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    BJ, you are one of the original Halloween challenge people, right? I can't believe our group has been going to nearly a year now!!

I like "Keeping the Pounds Falling Off" the best!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: YES!!! Keep the challenge group alive!!! I NEED YOU GUYS!!! :bigsmile:

I only lost 6.8# on this last challenge, so I didn't make my goal. Lots of stuff happened that I didn't expect. However, I was foolish when setting my goal KNOWING about my daughter's wedding and my Ohio trip. :ohwell: In retrospect, it was unrealistic. Live and learn!! :happy:

I must say... I REALLY want to hit the 160's this next challenge!! :tongue:

"Keeping the Pounds Falling Off" sounds great to me! :happy:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    So...Pink, Cazz, BJ, Alegria, Nikster, AprilVal and Crystal...I know there is a couple others...do we wanna start a new thread..name it Keeping the pounds Falling Off...no challenges unless we make them for ourselves...work on our individual goals...etc?

Let me know cause I will start it...keep it going til Labor Day...it can be the same thread throughout instead of changing it weekly or biweekly...

Linda
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Nursee, I definitely think you should make a new thread for us. I'll start up a new spreadsheet, just in case folks want to continue logging weekly weigh-ins. :)
  • bjshooter
    Options
    So...Pink, Cazz, BJ, Alegria, Nikster, AprilVal and Crystal...I know there is a couple others...do we wanna start a new thread..name it Keeping the pounds Falling Off...no challenges unless we make them for ourselves...work on our individual goals...etc?

Let me know cause I will start it...keep it going til Labor Day...it can be the same thread throughout instead of changing it weekly or biweekly...

Linda

I say go for it :)

I had to google what and when labor day was :P
    I would be happy with 5 - 7lb lost by then.
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Linda

Yes, please make a new thread for us! :happy:

I think it's the support more than the group challenges that have kept me going!! :smile:

Thank you, Linda!!
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Linda

Thanks Linda! I don't know what I'd do without you guys to vent to and get encouragement from. I finished the last challenge at 107 miles, and I think I'm going to challenge myself to get to 125 miles this time. Running has shortened my distance (from elliptical, where I could do 4 miles in 50 minutes), but I expect I'll get better distance as I keep improving.

This morning I got up at 6:00am (again - I'm getting hardcore!) and ran week 5, day 2 of the C25K. The running intervals jumped up to 8 minutes (from 5 minutes), which felt longer, but I finished them all without stopping to walk. I felt really good about that, so I'm celebrating my running improvement instead of being down on myself for only losing 2.2 pounds. I've been stuck on a plateau for 9 weeks, and there's not much I can do about it. I've tried eating more calories for a couple of weeks, changing my exercise (more and less), calorie cycling, etc, but apparently I'm stuck.

So at least if my running is improving, I'm not worried about the scale. Oh, and I got a belt to hold my water bottle when I run, but the darn thing kept banging against my butt and the water bottle fell out 3 times in the first 3.5 minutes of running, so I ended up holding it anyway! I'm taking it back and trying another kind. Engineering FAIL on that one :)

Pink - what was the site where you got your pretty iPhone holder?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I need you guys too!!! I'm challenging myself to run or walk 150 miles in the 9 weeks (made a new ticker already) and of course I'll have at least 9 glasses of water a day, usually a lot more. I weighed today like usual and although I didn't count last week, I'm up two pounds from two weeks ago. I know I was on vacation and let loose a little last week, but this proves to me I have a lot more work to do! I logged it though, need to hold myself accountable, but not get down about it. I know how to do this, and I WILL hit himy goal, and STAY there... but I'm not there yet. And that's ok!

Did a great 6 miles this morning, and haven't missed any of my long training runs, so I'm pumped about the half marathon I have in about 80 days!!! Yikes, that doesn't seem like much, but my goal is to lose another 8 pounds before Labor day,... so that might help the training too!!!!

I do like to keep track on the spreadsheet, so thanks for making that up, Pink! I'll look for the new thread!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Ok...I will get the thread going today...just got a few things to take care of first. It should post on my page but I will also link it here. Am I friends with all of you? I think so...
    Linda
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm still not home - won't be until the 18th...did I already mention that? :blushing: anyway, I really want to keep up the group, because it helps me so much!!!

When I get home from all of this, I'm going to hit it hard again. :happy: And I despiritely want to try C25K.

I'll look for the new thread. You girls are awesome!!!!! :flowerforyou: