What food/Restaurant makes you feel...blah?

Options
Ok so I haven't really completely cut anything out of my eating, I'm just eating smaller portions that fit into my daily allowance if I want something.
I am not a fan (at all!) Of Golden Coral.....I think the food there is nasty to be honest, but my husband and son wanted to go last night for dinner...so we went.

I ate a few popcorn shrimp, rotisserie chicken, green beans and a little Mac n cheese.....and I woke up feeling bloated and just all around gross even though I stayed in my daily calorie/fat/carb/etc.
I haven't felt like that from any other place.

What place or food makes you feel gross the next day?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have so many food rules (I ALWAYS have, its not even calorie/mfp related) its not even funny. not necessarily that make me sick.... just... rules

i refuse to eat at any buffet. I dont care where it is, or how much t costs or how presumably 'good', 'clean' or 'sanitary' it is, i will NOT eat there. end of story, hard limit.

i also refuse to eat at mcdonalds. I will get it as a treat for my kids sometimes, but I will either make a stop somewhere else to grab myself food, or wait till i get home and make something. its not a 'fast food' thing - ill eat most other fast food places, i just think mcd is gross.

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Outback, omg what a dump!
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i have so many food rules (I ALWAYS have, its not even calorie/mfp related) its not even funny. not necessarily that make me sick.... just... rules

i refuse to eat at any buffet. I dont care where it is, or how much t costs or how presumably 'good', 'clean' or 'sanitary' it is, i will NOT eat there. end of story, hard limit.

i also refuse to eat at mcdonalds. I will get it as a treat for my kids sometimes, but I will either make a stop somewhere else to grab myself food, or wait till i get home and make something. its not a 'fast food' thing - ill eat most other fast food places, i just think mcd is gross.

I am not really a fast food person...its been months since I've had anything fast food. But I feel the same way about Burger King. Omg that place (in my opinion) is just nasty! Lol
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    A local chinese buffet that's only a mile from home. Everything is way too greasy and there's a serious lack of healthy alternatives. At least the chinese buffet I go to twice a month has healthier options [steamed mushrooms and green beans, soups, sushi, fruit, etc].
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fast food. The smell when I drive past those places makes me nauseous and, even without eating anything, I can feel the grease film on the roof of my mouth.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    KFC. Once I started cutting calories and had to do without for a long time, when I do give in to the urge for some original recipe, it's like a bomb went off in my stomach, and later, my colon. The salty greasiness still appeals to my taste, but I always regret it after.
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Dominoes. I love pizza but after a Dominoes I always feel lethargic and head achey, with a side of bloat. I have no idea what they use that does this, but it is without fail. Pizza Hut doesn't do that at all.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Dairy Queen blizzards. I enjoy the holy crap out of them, but they send me into lethargic and sleepy land 45 minutes later. Still feel gross the next day going over my carbs and fat pretty bad!
  • akorenee1105
    akorenee1105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs make me feel quite nauseous.

My grandmother is a nurse and explained based on family health that's too much cholesterol for me.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Outback, omg what a dump!

Totally agree
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Ive never been thrilled with BK or Ruby Tuesday's...however love me some texas roadhouse.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I can't stand hard boiled eggs either, but it's a psychosomatic association because my grandmother would feed them to me when I had stomach trouble. My parents have me grape juice for the same, and as far as I'm concerned the stuff tastes like vomit.

As far as golden corral or other places go, I learned to navigate them by sticking to the fruit and vegetables, or maybe whole cuts of meat.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any buffet, particularly if there is beer involved, because I'll definitely overeat.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Any fast food including BK, McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell. Most chain restaurants where the food is either fried or covered with cheese or both. Buffet's... yuk! Chinese food makes me sick. Anything fried makes me sick. When me and my husband eat out we enjoy a higher class fine dining experience where the food is prepared carefully and thoughtfully. We would rather pay more money for good healthy food out than save a buck and feel sick later!

Those hibachi type of Chinese buffet restaurants always make me feel sick. I can't even walk into a Five Guys... the smell of the grease alone makes my stomach turn! Anything where you can tell it was previously frozen and packaged then thawed out/cooked and plated.. no thanks!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    McDonalds. I hate it so much. My sisters and I went on a road trip to go visit my dad (it's about a 8.5-9 hour drive), and we stopped at McDonalds for one meal b/c it was right there, and I regretted it deeply. Although, I only ate half of the meal, it still left me feeling blah.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's weird but I cannot eat chicken breast without getting an upset stomach. It doesn't matter who cooks it. However, I can eat the heck out of chicken limbs like wings, thighs, drumsticks. I have no idea why.
    I also avoid Chinese take-out. After eating it, I almost always feel an overall "unwellness".
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Buffets of any kind, really. I never walk away feeling satisfied.

Also, burgers. I will have one on occasion but I don't really like them and they always make me feel overstuffed (even within my calories). I will usually just eat the grilled patty on it's own with mustard because I feel like the bun is too much. I will eat sandwiches and such I just am not a fan of burgers, even homemade
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Brussles sprouts. They taste you are eating cauliflower fetuses unless you slather them with butter and bacon in which case you may as well just eat some bacon.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm like that with McDonalds. It's not that I don't like their food, it's just that whenever I eat it, I'm running to the bathroom 30 minutes later. Although I love Big Macs, I haven't had one in 1 1/2 years. When my son gets their food, as soon as he takes the food out the bag, I can smell the grease and it makes my stomach turn.