What is your biggest issue/concern/struggle with weight loss?

I am interested in learning about your biggest issues, concerns, and struggles with weight loss. I will try to answer any questions and/or concerns based on my scientific knowledge and past personal experience.

Replies

• minime0424
    minime0424 Posts: 101 Member
    I would have to say my biggest concern is not reaching my goal weight by next April, I know I've already come far, but when you set a goal and work really hard to meet that goal and don't make it, especially with weight loss it is beyond a huge disappointment. I am trying not to worry about not meeting my goal though because I have been doing so well!
  • dariacsf
    dariacsf Posts: 32 Member
    minime0424 wrote: »
    I would have to say my biggest concern is not reaching my goal weight by next April, I know I've already come far, but when you set a goal and work really hard to meet that goal and don't make it, especially with weight loss it is beyond a huge disappointment. I am trying not to worry about not meeting my goal though because I have been doing so well!

Always remember that the number is just that, a number, if you are already seeing results, you are already succeeding and reaching your goal. Keep up the good work and keep your eye on the prize, even the greatest have failed before they succeeded!
  • dariacsf
    dariacsf Posts: 32 Member
    Accepting and living with the (IMO) small number of calories a 5'2 woman can eat and still lose weight. I want more!!! I exercise to get more and make good use of what I get, but it damn sure ain't a lot.

In my opinion, MFP suggestions are a little too low for most people with calories. When I work with my clients, most females stay within the 1500-1600 calorie range to lose weight. As you continue to put on muscle because hopefully you are doing some resistance training, you can increase your calorie burn by 50 calories for every pound of muscle you put on. Which means you can eat more calories!!!!! Winning!
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    edited August 2016
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My biggest struggle is with the glitchy MFP recipe builder and glitchy system entries which no longer get fixed in a timely manner.

This!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Sarcopenia
  • BibiMomeena442
    BibiMomeena442 Posts: 1 Member
    My concern is that i wont get to my goal i am keeping within the range of the calories but not loosing as i thought i would. In 6 mos i have lost 6 lbs. I walk and try to keep active but should i be loosing more within a mos.?am i expectong too much from myself? I sometimes get disxouraged but i am keeping the eating habit just ita hard to stay positive when others i know doing the same and loosing more .
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    My biggest struggle is with hunger. I'm tall and active, and my blood sugar has always run low. I have played around with things to do but hunger remains an issue
  • adhollifield
    adhollifield Posts: 6 Member
    I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. I am 30. 5ft 7in. and i used to be 138 and once i got into the diet yo-yo i have gained! I now weigh 156-57 and dieting caused me to gain. I have low faith in my ability to stick with anything so im just going to attempt to track what i eat without judgment just to see and gradually reduce. My concern is that i eat out frequently. It is very difficult for me to be accurate
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    I am bummed because I am stuck......for 4 weeks now. After losing some weight MFP gave me 1200 calories, but I really couldn't stick to that so I upped it to 1400. I do exercise so I get a little extra on top of that. I am trying different things to try to get thing moving in the right direction again, increased exercise, drinking more, trying to get my diet to be healthier, etc...Even went to a registered dietician but all she did was confuse me!
  • ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    LoraMartyn wrote: »
    I am bummed because I am stuck......for 4 weeks now. After losing some weight MFP gave me 1200 calories, but I really couldn't stick to that so I upped it to 1400. I do exercise so I get a little extra on top of that. I am trying different things to try to get thing moving in the right direction again, increased exercise, drinking more, trying to get my diet to be healthier, etc...Even went to a registered dietician but all she did was confuse me!

I am also stuck for 4 weeks already, which is so frustrating because I've been working out religiously. I did the same thing as you did, went from 1200 to 1400 because I feel deprived from just 1200cals. I like to believe that I am fairly active, jogging in the morning for an hour 4x per week, then go out for an evening walk. On my best days, I go for an afternoon walk too. I also lift weights 2-3x per week and dance and bike once a week, but my scale isn't budging. I went back down to 1200cals because watching my burned calories go down (I have negative calorie adjustments on) was frustrating me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Realizing that my fittest shape will never resemble that of my "models" (Ana Cheri, for example) because everyone's bodies are different (even if you hit your goal of squatting 220 lbs. just like them!). Accepting the fact that fitness is a lifestyle and there is no finish line, it's a constant process of transforming and gaining strength.

Well said, I feel the same way. I need to stop following some of them on IG it is borderline motivating and discouraging at the same time.

Another struggle was losing muscle as I was in deficit. I tried my best (lifting, protein, slower rate of loss) but I'm sure I inevitably lost some in the process