Not hungry

Options
SciWhiz
SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
For the past 2 days I've been hungry upon waking up but by lunch time I still feel full. I skipped lunch yesterday because I wasn't hungry, forced myself to eat an apple, and wasn't hungry for dinner. Today, I woke up hungry, ate breakfast and again don't feel like eating. I've been using MFP for almost 5 weeks now and this has never happened. I'm worried about exercising on an empty stomach this evening. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions to get over this feeling?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you eating something different for breakfast? How are you feeling other than this?
  • SciWhiz
    Options
    Are you eating something different for breakfast? How are you feeling other than this?

I'm not eating anything different. Other than not being hungry I feel fine.
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Are you taking any meds?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Has anything changed that might be causing a drop in hunger? Are you feeling so not hungry that you literally can't eat? It's obvious you realize that not eating is going to cause you some problems so why not eat enough to fuel your workout even if you don't feel hungry?
  • SciWhiz
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    Are you taking any meds?

Nope
  • SciWhiz
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Has anything changed that might be causing a drop in hunger? Are you feeling so not hungry that you literally can't eat? It's obvious you realize that not eating is going to cause you some problems so why not eat enough to fuel your workout even if you don't feel hungry?

Can't think of anything that's changed. I've had this weird feeling of being full. I try to eat and it feels as if I'm overeating. I forced myself to eat earlier and ended up having a great workout. This just isn't something I've experienced before.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor and get an exam done. Maybe there is a medical issue going on within your body that you are not aware of that is causing this.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you by chance mentally telling yourself you are on a "diet" and must not eat? Can this be physiological as you never had this problem before?

If it is medical and you feel you are coming down with something, might want to visit the doc.
  • SciWhiz
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Are you by chance mentally telling yourself you are on a "diet" and must not eat? Can this be physiological as you never had this problem before?

If it is medical and you feel you are coming down with something, might want to visit the doc.

I don't consider myself to be on a "diet" at all. I'm just using this site to track calories and exercise more closely. Like I said, this is the first time I've felt this way in the 5 weeks I've been using this app. I'm hoping this will pass soon!
  • brittneystockman7921
    Options
    This happens to me all the time! Like I won't be hungry at all and a few days will pass and I'll realize that all I've had to eat is a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter. Normally what I do, once I realize this is happening, is I just force myself to eat at my normal meal times and try to up my carb intake a little (focus on getting bread, rice, crackers...something) into every meal. For me at least, a loss of appetite seems to follow me not eating enough carbohydrates. One of the main symptoms of ketosis is loss of appetite.

I found this article on it if you want more information: http://paleoleap.com/appetite-go/

Upping my carbs and physically forcing myself to eat (at least a little) always seems to kick me out of it! On the bright side, if you are forcing yourself to eat, you can focus on eating healthier foods versus eating whatever you are hungry for (which in my case is usually ice cream or chocolate)! Hope this helps!