90 Day Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Things like this never make any sense to me. You maintained your weightloss for 3 years, and for some reason you only give credit to the 90 day fad diet. Wouldn't you just want to go back to eating the way you did for that 3 years, I mean that is what actually worked for you.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    plami92 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot to everyone. Since I have been on MFP, I do struggle alot with what you call a good fitness level and well balanced diet, since even if I eat a bit more than what MFP has given me I don`t really lose weight. I dont know why that is and it`s been very demotivating. That`s why I wanted opinions on this diet (which btw allows me a higher calorie intake than MFP). Again thanks all. :*

So when you stick to mfp and eat more like you say, do you weigh your food with a food scale? It seems like maybe you are eating more than you think, which is why you wouldnt be losing weight. Also, you need to have patience. You didn't gain the weight over night, and you won't lose it over night.

Sorry but fad diets don't work.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This totally makes no sense to me in general scheme of things. Anything that has DIET in the name wants you to abide by some sort of absurd rule(s) to loose weight, and then when the weight is lost... what then?

No thanks as this is primary example of the "yo-yo effect".
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    plami92 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot to everyone. Since I have been on MFP, I do struggle alot with what you call a good fitness level and well balanced diet, since even if I eat a bit more than what MFP has given me I don`t really lose weight. I dont know why that is and it`s been very demotivating. That`s why I wanted opinions on this diet (which btw allows me a higher calorie intake than MFP). Again thanks all. :*

MFP is just a calculator - the goal MFP "gives you" is dependant on what you input.
    You don't have to select 2lbs a week as your weight loss goal - assuming that's what you picked.

You can manually select a calorie goal as well.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I've seen all manner of diets over the years... but that one seems totally loopy.
    When I googled it, the link promised " you can to lose 60k in 90 days" (their words exactly) which seems not only highly unrealistic but highly dangerous (also grammatically incorrect but at least that's just a bit annoying, not dangerous).

And the site has advice like "melons must be eaten alone" (what happens if you have company when you eat a melon?). And "veggies not for breakfast".... but the next instruction is that they can be eaten any time just doesn't make sense. I also see no reason why eating a vegetable at breakfast time would be an issue.

I know that desperate people are looking for "the answer" and other people are desperate to sell a book and make money, but really... I think this must be a gag website.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I just gave this a second thought, and OP perhaps what is going on is that you need the precise structure of the diet. Meaning if it gives you a complete road map to follow and even drives the car for you sort of speaking. this works for you.

MFP gives plenty of flexibility on what, how and when you eat, no restrictions, etc.. It just gives you a "number to meet". And in all sincerity this is the opposite of a complex and controlled diet plan.

Not real sure how to actually tell you why this process is not working for you very well. but give it some thought and ask if you are using the tools with 100% commitment (MFP app + food scale, staying within your calorie deficit).. I look at it this way as well, my body could care less what I put on the diary.