Weigh-In Day

Options
Should I change my weigh-in day from Wednesday to Saturday (Since it's the end of the week)?

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you want to, sure. As long as you're consistent when you weigh in, the day doesn't really matter.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It's really whatever you want. If you weigh weekly, just do it on the same say whether it is Wednesday, Saturday, or any other day. Personally, I'd probably stick to Wednesday because I tend to go out and eat higher sodium food on Friday nights or the weekend, so Wednesday would give me a "truer" read.

That being said, I weigh daily to track trends.

Whatever works for you!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I weigh Saturdays, because I'm on schedule all week, then sat/sun is when we're eating out, and I run out of time/energy for workouts.
  • TheBrock84
    TheBrock84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I weigh Saturdays, because I'm on schedule all week, then sat/sun is when we're eating out, and I run out of time/energy for workouts.

I'll weigh myself every Saturday because my cheat meal is usually on Saturdays Evenings/Sundays
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I changed my official weekly weigh in from Sunday to Wed. I usually am a little more flexible in the calories I choose per se, so I can work on those fluctuations a good bit by Wed. I do weigh daily and using a trending app to help me with those fluctuations though.

Totally a personal preference.
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you when you want your weigh in day to be.
    Mine is every Tuesday. I just happen to weigh in for the first time on a Tuesday so I've stuck with it lol
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I weigh on a Monday, Sunday is exercise rest day. So I chose the day after. Also I find I eat more responsibly over the weekend if I haven't got extra days to try to catch up with weekend excess, if that makes sense.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. Do you realyy need a cheat meal? It doesn't help weight loss.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in on Mondays but then I started going out to eat after church on Sunday mornings and found myself retaining some water weight from that meal. I've switched to Wednesdays now.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day for trending, but the day I log in MFP is Saturday. I have Sat-Mon off, and if I'm gonna go off roading diet wise, it's going to be Saturday or Sunday. So first thing in the morning Saturday in the buff is the weight I log into MFP. I can easily see a 3-4 lb difference from the week before if I had a weekend where we were busy and eating terribly.