Trick for Treats

Options
What's your favorite decadent healthy dessert (oxymoron)? Pictures are encouraged.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    donut
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I used to blend frozen berries with low fat (low calorie) greek yoghurt to make a sorbet for less than 100 calories. Was pretty good, and you can add sweetener if you prefer it sweet.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    donut

Lol. Definitely good for the soul :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Decadent desserts? And considered healthy... None that meet both those qualifications in one confection.
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Decadent desserts? And considered healthy... None that meet both those qualifications in one confection.

Definitely a challenge. Still hoping :smiley:
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

LOL... and I am still sitting here at my desk thinking about this.. can't come up with nuttin... :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options

LOL... and I am still sitting here at my desk thinking about this.. can't come up with nuttin... :)

Me either!! Lol.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    What's your favorite decadent healthy dessert (oxymoron)?

Decadent and healthy isn't necessarily an oxymoron. :)

For me, it's more about portion size and frequency. Eliminating foods you love can be the short train to failure. And a lot of 'healthy' options to a favourite dessert are full of sadness. And calories. But they do come with a big dose of self-righteousness, so I guess there's that. :)

tl;dr : I'd rather have a smaller portion of the ice cream that I love once in a while, for example, than be able to have regular servings of substitutes that pale in comparison all the time.

• mrsgoodwine
    Options

For me, it's more about portion size and frequency. Eliminating foods you love can be the short train to failure. And a lot of 'healthy' options to a favourite dessert are full of sadness. And calories. But they do come with a big dose of self-righteousness, so I guess there's that. :)

tl;dr : I'd rather have a smaller portion of the ice cream that I love once in a while, for example, than be able to have regular servings of substitutes that pale in comparison all the time.

I agree! And that's exactly what I do. I usually share a dessert with my hubby. We like Banana Splits. I usually try to eat most of the banana :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Tapioca pudding made with water+whole milk, brown sugar and/or maple syrup - decadent if you like goo that looks like frogspawn.
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    Tapioca pudding made with water+whole milk, brown sugar and/or maple syrup - decadent if you like goo that looks like frogspawn.

Hmmmm, I'll have to think on that one.... :wink:
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    These are the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies from the MFP Blog- I just took them out of the oven. They're really good, just banana, oats and chocolate chips.
    Definitly satifies a craving!
    3eccvu0sgvea.jpeg
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    wrharvill wrote: »
    These are the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies from the MFP Blog- I just took them out of the oven. They're really good, just banana, oats and chocolate chips.
    Definitly satifies a craving!
    3eccvu0sgvea.jpeg

Now you're talking! These look really good and have all the things I love!
  • RoxieDawn
    edited August 2016
    Options

I get this.. And I do that too on the smaller portion thing.. But in the spirit of decadent (which my mouth is watering right now) I am having trouble with creativity I guess.

Cause usually my healthy stuff involves cooking with protein powder (cookies, donuts, etc.) which are not decadent.. still good, but not oooy gooy goodness!

The tapioca pudding sort of turned me off and the oatmeal cookies did too.. Thanks goodness cause I saw some mouth watering "somethings" in my near future that involved chocolate chips! :)
  • cakestacked
    cakestacked Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Healthy and decadent is doable, low calorie and decadent on the other hand...

Chocolate avocado mousse is nutritious and has an amazing texture, but it's avocado, chocolate and banana so it's high in calories.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" is subjective...
    Honeyed+pears+sprinklebakes.jpg

With real whipped cream or (better) Breyers vanilla bean ice cream
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    Healthy and decadent is doable, low calorie and decadent on the other hand...

Chocolate avocado mousse is nutritious and has an amazing texture, but it's avocado, chocolate and banana so it's high in calories.

Yum!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate mousse cake. Bring on the antioxidants :wink:

dark-chocolate-mousse-cake-34463_l.jpeg
  • cakestacked
    cakestacked Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Picture & recipe from Google:

2 ripe avocados (I used Hass avocados)
    90 grams (1/3 cup minus ½ tablespoon) agave nectar*
    40 grams (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
    2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
    ½ teaspoon almond extract

1imko5wmhlvr.jpeg

I've made it using banana to sweeten, but then it tastes kinda like banana so agave is probably better.
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    kateowp wrote: »
    "Healthy" is subjective...
    Honeyed+pears+sprinklebakes.jpg

With real whipped cream or (better) Breyers vanilla bean ice cream

This looks so good. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is my favorite.