ONE FOR THE LADIES!

Options
Hi Ladies, and any men which decide to read this... be warned... its about LADIES things...

So TOM has made a random appearance today!! I am on the pill and can usually time my clock by the arrival time... not technically expected til Monday morning (yes I get all the good things), but its here NOW!! Why?? I started a few weeks ago taking terbinafine hydrochloride for a gammy toe nail infection - could it be this?? Should I be worried?? Its all a little unexpected... but does explain why I have been feeling VERY hormonal the last few days!

So, has this happened to anyone else and should I worry?

Thanks,
Gem

p.smen - I hope you enjoyed this post!! :blushing:

Replies

• awoodman01
    Options
    Who's Tom? Lol
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Who's Tom? Lol

ahhh... busted... a man!! Time Of Month!!
  • messy_jessie98
    Options
    New medication could definitely change the date of TOM. And ya I knew what ya meant after I read on...haha. I was on major pain killers for a few months and mine was always out of whack. Once I stopped them, things went back to normal. I know that stress and illness can also affect when TOM creeps up on us.

That TOM.....such a creeper and annoyance...:laugh:

If you are concerned, make an appointment with you doctor and discuss it with them. A little reassurance never hurts!
  • apapandrea
    apapandrea Posts: 30
    Options
    Like previously stated- medication can change the effectiveness/functionality of the pill- it should return to normal after you are finished with the medication. Just don't forget to use a backup if you are using the pill for its birth control effects!
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    has your activity changed? I have only been working out since May1st and was like clock work when it came to AF before I started my life change. However Last month I had AF visit in full force twice in the same month :( I asked a female trainer at my gym if this could be do to the activity change and she said it defently could but did tell me that if it kept up to check with my dr to be sure.

AF= aunt flow :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to start a Las Vegas bet that it is definitely the medication you are on. Whenever I add meds, in addition to BC, it always gets whacky for a little bit. Have no fears, its just another day in the life of a woman haha
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Being a lady is GREAT!! Not!! :grumble:
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Being a lady is GREAT!! Not!! :grumble:

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I've had other things affect that, but not even taking a new med. Honestly, best thing to do is call your physician that prescribes the BCP's and ask. It's free, and they might have other info to share with you as well ... like if it will affect the reliability of your pills ... that's important stuff! :)
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    It could definitely be the medication. And, if you're sexually active, you should use back-up birth control methods while you're taking it, just in case.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Easy google search: http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/gxcterbi/$File/gxcterbi.pdf

oral contraceptives (birth control
    pills). You may have problems,
    such as bleeding between
    periods, while you are taking
    terbinafine
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I think everyone covered it for you, but I LOVE your ferret :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem the last few months. I've been on the pill for a couple years, and TOM has been like clockwork, then all of a sudden it's starting a week early and it's kind of unpredictable.

I just talked to my doctor about it yesterday, and she gave me a new birth control prescription to try that she said would probably even them out again. You might want to put in a call to your doctor if next month is the same way.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    I think everyone covered it for you, but I LOVE your ferret :)

• GemmieNoWobbles
    Options
    I've had the same problem the last few months. I've been on the pill for a couple years, and TOM has been like clockwork, then all of a sudden it's starting a week early and it's kind of unpredictable.

I just talked to my doctor about it yesterday, and she gave me a new birth control prescription to try that she said would probably even them out again. You might want to put in a call to your doctor if next month is the same way.

Ok!! Gonna keep an eye on it!! Glad I'm not the only one!! x