Ab exercises

Options
Does anyone know what are some good ab exercises for the lower stomach? I have been doing several different types of crunches and I can see some definition at the top of my stomach but the lower part of my stomach is struggling!

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    PLanks and those ab wheels/rollers
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Following....I was going to ask the same question today! :)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Since you do crunches, you currently have a 6-pack hidden under the fat layer (and possibly loose skin too). Neither fat or skin can be targeted through exercises. For more on that, google "spot reduction myth". :+1:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what are some good ab exercises for the lower stomach? I have been doing several different types of crunches and I can see some definition at the top of my stomach but the lower part of my stomach is struggling!

The most effective ones are fork put-downs and table pushaways. You can't spot reduce by exercise, the only way to get rid of the fat is via caloric deficit.

When you exercise, you're exercising the muscles beneath the fat, not the fat itself. Doing exercises targeted for a particular area of the body may strengthen/build the muscles themselves, but it does absolutely nothing to help get rid of the subcutaneous fat covering the muscles.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Reverse crunches target the lower ab muscles far more than any other exercise. You will have to lose a lot more fat to show your lower abs compared to your upper abs but keep it up. You will get it
  • Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do Crossfit, so there is not a lot of crunches, planks, sit-ups, etc...

The core work we do, that seems to work, is predominately in various exercises done hanging from the bar.

Knee raises, toes to bar, pull-ups, etc...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Get an ab wheel and a weighted vest. Using them in tandem will make you hate life for a while.
  • Brianneplus3
    Brianneplus3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChYCJsmVbS0
    I've used this app in the past to strength my core. Assuming you have a droid