Odd reactions when you do something

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
edited August 2016 in Chit-Chat
So 2 for me:

Whenever I take the first sip from a diet soda (whether canned or in a glass), I hiccup.

Whenever I get to the gym, I have to blow my nose even if it's NOT allergy season.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I smell stuff to make sure it's clean
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think of an embarassing moment from the past, I throw an OK sign up in the air. Wth? :frowning:
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Whenever I think of an embarassing moment from the past, I throw an OK sign up in the air. Wth? :frowning:

Awwww. That's cute! Perhaps it's you subconscious way of self-soothing. Which basically means your mind going "whatever man, it happened nothing we can do about it now". I wonder if anyone you know irl picked up on this yet.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I eat my nose gets runny. Not everytime. I knew a girl that no matter what she ate, even chewing gum her nose would run like crazy. She always carried tissues and blew her nose constantly during lunch at work.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    So 2 for me:

Whenever I take the first sip from a diet soda (whether canned or in a glass), I hiccup.

Whenever I get to the gym, I have to blow my nose even if it's NOT allergy season.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Whenever I begin to drink anything carbonated, it takes my breath away, burns my throat & thus makes my eyes water.

When I enter my bank, I get an instant; runny nose. I haven't been to other locations, to know if it's the building or the company.

Whenever I was in a Caldor Store, I became nauseous & had an overwhelming sense of doom feeling. A neighbor of mine'd become nauseous & have diarrhea. This occurred in 2 of their locations, that I had been to but when the stores closed & other's used those locations, I had no such problem. I believe that they might've been using scent marketing & if what I & my neighbor experienced, might've also led to their closure; if many others went through this.

To clarify, scent marketing: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303468704579573953132979382
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I get a gagging sensation when I smell subway. BLEEEHHHHH. When I was pregnant I literaly had to block my nose to walk past a subway shop on the way to work. Now it's just unpleasant and I cannot fathom even trying the food there because the smell is so awful.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Watching a ship sink on TV, or seeing pictures/video of sunken ships makes me want to vomit. Weirdest thing.
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    sometimes i'll be having a conversation in my head and then accidently say something out loud

This.
    I'll also nod or laugh if my imaginary conversation calls for it. So I could just be sitting thinking about something then I'll go "yeah *nod nod laugh*" :/
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sunlight makes me sneeze, but I think that's somewhat common.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Sometimes I smell stuff to make sure it's clean

I do this too. Towels before I use them, glasses when I get them down from the cabinet and before I use them etc.

• TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Sunlight makes me sneeze, but I think that's somewhat common.

20% to 35% of people have photic sneeze reflex. I do the same thing.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/06/sun-sneeze/
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I recently noticed that when going from the house to my car when it's raining I hold my breath. No idea why.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You're all nuts :lol: I love it
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I say "right" or "ok" or both out loud when I think of something embarrassing from the past.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I swallow water and it goes down the wrong pipe I have a coughing fit and then immediately have a sneezing fit right after.

Whenever I get to work I immediately have to blow my nose
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When I was little I used to have to get completely naked to do a number two. haha.

Still quite fond of doing it now.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I hold my breath when someone walks past me smoking a cigarette, I also hold my breath if someone walks past me who looks smelly I just don't want to smell em. And my pet hate is someone who coughs or sneezes spluttering everywhere as they walk past, my breath is being held until they are way past me lol

My new thing is talking to myself when I'm walking down the street, not in a wild manner but sometimes il talk out loud when thinking about something lol but I try to keep it to a minimum or at least when nobody else is around
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Timothyh27 wrote: »
    When I was little I used to have to get completely naked to do a number two. haha.

Still quite fond of doing it now.

I was the exact same ! I used to let other people use the bathroom before me in public places, cos I knew I'd take ages getting completely undressed before I went haha one time I actually came out of a toilet in a cafe half dressed so my mum could fix my clothes, she was mortified but i couldn't do a number 2 any other way thank god iv grew out of that