30 year old female, 297 lbs, ready to make a change.

Options
2»

Replies

• mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am so glad I chose to join MFP - the love and support I am already getting is amazing! I appreciate it so much, and feel more confident every day that I CAN and WILL do this!
  • tayrae0323
    tayrae0323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it is great you are starting this amazing, hard and totally worth it journey of getting healthy. I have started it many times but always stray once I see some real success. Then I end up back where I started. Your story really struck me as I am again starting out trying to get healthy. I am in the same range of weight and am 31. We just recently flew to Oregon as a family and on the way there I had to get a seat belt extender! My worst fear came true! Needless to say I was mortified. Luckilly, my amazing husbund asked for it discreetly so only he and I knew my internal shame. On the way back I didn't need an extender but the seat belt was tight and not so comfortable. It was also very eye opening and I vowed to never be in that situation again. I love being outdoors and being adventurous but at this size I am often limited, either physically, or as you did with your trip I just opt out for fear of being uncomfortable. Anyways, your story really touched me and it really does help to know someone out there is going through it with you! I will add you and hope you add me.
  • mnvicke
    Options
    tayrae0323 wrote: »
    I think it is great you are starting this amazing, hard and totally worth it journey of getting healthy. I have started it many times but always stray once I see some real success. Then I end up back where I started. Your story really struck me as I am again starting out trying to get healthy. I am in the same range of weight and am 31. We just recently flew to Oregon as a family and on the way there I had to get a seat belt extender! My worst fear came true! Needless to say I was mortified. Luckilly, my amazing husbund asked for it discreetly so only he and I knew my internal shame. On the way back I didn't need an extender but the seat belt was tight and not so comfortable. It was also very eye opening and I vowed to never be in that situation again. I love being outdoors and being adventurous but at this size I am often limited, either physically, or as you did with your trip I just opt out for fear of being uncomfortable. Anyways, your story really touched me and it really does help to know someone out there is going through it with you! I will add you and hope you add me.

Thank you! I have tried losing weight for most of my adult life. It's always nice having others who can relate to your situation! I think we can motivate each other to become healthier, happier people!
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am working my way through the third round of weight loss and hopefully I can learn and this be the final time. This time was my heaviest. 279 lbs. I found out 2 months ago that I am prediabetic - this is new. And it got me motivated to do something. So I have been really paying attention to what I'm eating and have recently started walking. I have lost 28 lbs in 67 days and have to say I feel pretty good. I am always looking for friends to take this journey and I love all the comments here.
  • mnvicke
    Options
    Hi ! I am working my way through the third round of weight loss and hopefully I can learn and this be the final time. This time was my heaviest. 279 lbs. I found out 2 months ago that I am prediabetic - this is new. And it got me motivated to do something. So I have been really paying attention to what I'm eating and have recently started walking. I have lost 28 lbs in 67 days and have to say I feel pretty good. I am always looking for friends to take this journey and I love all the comments here.

Hi there! Have you seen the doctor since losing the 28 lbs? (Fantastic job, by the way!!) Just wondering if you are still "pre-diabetic"? I know weight loss can have a dramatic and positive impact on health problems. Keep up the wonderful work!
  • NMSever
    NMSever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to wish you well from someone who has lost 102lbs and been maintaining for 5 months now! Start with small goals and celebrate those victories! Know you will make mistakes but don't beat yourself up, just get back on track and keep at it! Good luck with everything!
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can absolutely add me as a friend if you want, as our stats are pretty close. I started in February at 298lbs, and as of today I weigh 202 - so I lost about 96lbs in 7 months! I still have 30lbs to go to my goal weight and hope to reach it by the first of the new year. You can totally do this :)
  • mnvicke
    Options
    NMSever wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to wish you well from someone who has lost 102lbs and been maintaining for 5 months now! Start with small goals and celebrate those victories! Know you will make mistakes but don't beat yourself up, just get back on track and keep at it! Good luck with everything!

That's fantastic! You look great! Thank you for your kind words. :smile:
  • mnvicke
    Options
    Hey! You can absolutely add me as a friend if you want, as our stats are pretty close. I started in February at 298lbs, and as of today I weigh 202 - so I lost about 96lbs in 7 months! I still have 30lbs to go to my goal weight and hope to reach it by the first of the new year. You can totally do this :)

Wow - Great job!!! I added you. Thanks! :smiley: