Starving all day after working out?

I workout in the morning and I feel like I'm starving the rest of the day. I eat proteins and healthy in the mornings and afternoons, but by late afternoon and evenings I tend to over eat Cuz I'm HUNGRY!! it's like this everyday. What should I do? I feel like I workout for nothing Cuz I eat all my calories back. HELP....

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Should probably eat more. That probably doesn't seem like a helpful answer but honestly its probably the best one. If you work out and as a result you feel really hungry its probably because you need to eat to support your workouts. So eat. Food shouldn't be the enemy here.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    This^^

What is calorie deficit set at? Your height, weight and goal?
  • catchtheislands
    catchtheislands Posts: 25 Member
    Try protein shakes. Combat powder makes a high protein low calorie shake. Have one every two or three hours. Kills hunger.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Work out in the evening
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Try protein shakes. Combat powder makes a high protein low calorie shake. Have one every two or three hours. Kills hunger.

is eating enough real food so over rated?!?
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    How much are you eating in terms of calories?
    What are you eating in the mornings?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    How much fat are you eating per day?
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    I use my lunch hour working out and eat my lunch at my desk while working. Then I usually get another workout in before dinner.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Are you sure you're hungry? Maybe it's thirst? Maybe it's boredom? Maybe it's just being accustomed to eating more?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i work out in the mornings, too.

What I've learned works for ME ... is to work out on an empty or near empty stomach (sometimes ill have a cup of yogurt or bit of fruit before), and then have a PB& J sandwich about an hour after. Or even scrambled eggs and cheese on toast, if im having a day where I have to watch the calories closer (ie: eating out that night or whatever). i get a good mix of protein,carbs and fat and it fills me till later in the day.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2016
    I eat 2 fig newtons 30 minutes before working out to give me some energy for the workout, then I eat a 400 calorie meal after the workout, and I'm full for 5 hours. And I drink a lot of water during the day.

If I don't have a small snack before the workout, I get too hungry during the workout. And I'm always hungry after the workout, so this is the perfect time to eat.

I do this at lunch time, but this can also be done in the morning.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,994 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Should probably eat more. That probably doesn't seem like a helpful answer but honestly its probably the best one. If you work out and as a result you feel really hungry its probably because you need to eat to support your workouts. So eat. Food shouldn't be the enemy here.

^^^This.

OP, what are your stats and goals?

Height?
    Weight?
    Age?
    Goal Weight?
    How often do you train?
    What do you do for training?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    What type of exercise are you doing? I found for me, cardio makes me ravenous. That's how I gained weight. I started riding my bike to work and 'eating healthy'....well, I was eating a lot of that 'healthy' food. LOL Strength training does not make me hungry. For other people it's reversed. I've cut back on the amount of cardio I do now and only bike to work 2-3 days/week on average.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited August 2016
    I workout in the morning and I feel like I'm starving the rest of the day. I eat proteins and healthy in the mornings and afternoons, but by late afternoon and evenings I tend to over eat Cuz I'm HUNGRY!! it's like this everyday. What should I do? I feel like I workout for nothing Cuz I eat all my calories back. HELP....

MFP uses the NEAT method, and as such the system is designed for exercise calories to be eaten back. However, many consider the burns given by MFP to be inflated and only eat a percentage, such as 50%, back.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf/p1
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    What type of workouts are you doing (time spend, exertion, exercises done?) and what is your caloric intake? Are you eating back your exercise calories? This all will help us give you better advice. Have you been successfully meeting your goals?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    The only workouts that make me hungry are where I have to "stabilize my core". I guess the abdominal wall twitching gets the hunger hormones going.