quick breakfasts I could take with me to work?

Options

Replies

• slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters

Trader joes High Fiber cereal topped with berries and 1 cup of Almond Milk is another great breakfast for low cals

What a great idea! Why have I never thought of this?? Thanks!
  • calikimi
    calikimi Posts: 30
    Options
    The fiber one cereals are delicious! Also I really enjoy eggos nutrigrain blueberry waffles, they are tasty enough that they dont need syrup, and for 2 waffles i tihnk its around 180 calories!
  • HarmonyNLife
    HarmonyNLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    210 cals for breakfast is not that much...

Perhaps take milk/cereal/fruit to keep at work so you can have a bowl of cereal.
    Toast with peanut butter and banana on top
    Yogurt topped with granola and fruit
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have gotten into the habit of packing my breakfast, along with my food for all day.

Last night, I made 1/3 a cup of egg white, 1 cup of spinich and 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese....
    put it in in plactic container and reheat in the morning at work. It is protin and filling.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas!
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There's a few things I love that are relatively easy. I have a microwave egg poacher and I poach two eggs and heat up 4 slices of canadian bacon with it. Maybe even add some sliced tomato. The whole thing is only 200 calories. If I don't eat the tomato I have a 5 oz low sodium V8.

My second favorite is the easiest...it's the vitasandwich with peppers and onions from Vitalicious/vitatops. The sandwich is full of fiber and 15 grams of protein and it's only 150 calories! That with some fruit or V8 actually holds me over and it's so good!
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    My breakfast is usually about 360 calories. I have a microwave egg poacher, so I throw an English muffin in the toaster, egg in the micro, and pour a glass of juice. Throw the egg and a slice of cheese on the muffin, take in car to eat. ;). Takes me about 3 minutes to make, and keeps me full to lunch....

I do something similar. I toast an english muffin (whole wheat, high fiber, lite). Scramble an egg and microwave for 40 secs, add turkey slices and 1/2 slice red fat cheese and its only 245 calories, 8g fat, 8g fiber and 26g protein. It takes less than 5 minutes and I put it in a baggie and eat it in the car on the way to work.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs.... cheese stick.... grapes.... any fruit, really.... yogurt.... (I add special k to my yogurt to make it more filling)
    lol those are some of the normal things I bring with me! (or eat on the drive, lol) hope it helps!!
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot my ultimate favorite...a toasted WW high fiber english muffin with all natural peanut butter and sliced banana on top! YUM!!!
  • peechykeen
    peechykeen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you like eggs? Try two boiled eggs and a piece of fruit...it works well for me!
  • CajunCubsFan
    CajunCubsFan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters

Trader joes High Fiber cereal topped with berries and 1 cup of Almond Milk is another great breakfast for low cals

Wow the eggs cups sounds really good and easy!!!

This does sound like a good Idea!!! I think I can work with this idea
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Right now I have Greek yogurt with almonds mixed in, lots of protein to keep me going.
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite quick breakfasts (or even for a snack) is to take 2 Kellog's Low Fat Nutrigrain waffles and spread 2 tbs of weight watchers cream cheese on them. sprinkle splenda and cinnamon on and enjoy....delicious and really filling, especially if you have a sweet tooth!
  • hprendergast
    hprendergast Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter (1T. is plenty!) on a whole grain deli flat with mashed up raspberries (or all fruit jam) and a drizzle of honey. This just over 200 calories , has protein, fiber and something sweet! It lasts a long time and is yummy!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My hubby loves overnight oats! I make him 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 c almond milk, 1/2 Greek yogurt, and 1/2 tablespoon of honey, sprinkle with cinnamon. This is around 300 cals, I think, but keeps him full till lunch and he has a very vigorous job...about half of that portion does it for me! I do 350- 500 cals for breakfast...it depends on how hungry I am, but I figure I have all day to burn it off...and I don't go over my calories. I also really love Magic Breakfast cream.....
    I think the key to a holding breakfast is the protein.
  • robynsleo
    robynsleo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I worry about eating too many eggs, but I love the eggbeaters!

Has anyone had experience with making muffins, waffles, or pancakes with Soya powder? Just curious as this might be a good option. If I made them on a weekend, then froze the extras for eating throughout the week.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Athletes say eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and supper like a pauper. I've been doing that and it really works. You need fuel to get you through your day. 200 calories for breakfast is nothing...maybe add some protein? Boiled eggs?

I like this saying...I usually don't eat a big breakfast...I am going to try to start! Lots of great ideas on here.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options

are they freezable? or do you keep them in the fridge?
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of of pj and a pack of weight watchers muffins at my desk. I toast the bagel at the office and speed the pj. Other days I bring fresh fruit.