Wow here I am 43 @199.2

Options
muwee72
muwee72 Posts: 23 Member
So I have struggled for years about my weight personally. Haven't really talked to anyone till today. I had my "well woman" checkup and the first thing they do is weight me. I almost broke down there. However I waited till I was in closed doors with the doc and lost it. Ugh so painful to tell her how ashamed I was about my weight. She was great even gave me a tissue. Anyway she suggested this app and the 21 day fir. So today I start my journey.

Replies

• RelevantGains
    RelevantGains Posts: 83 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find lots of support here.

The most important thing to do is to sustain a calorie deficit, or in other words, consume less calories than you burn. A good starting point, if you don't already have your calories would be 9-11 times your body weight to lose weight. You can also use a tdee calculator to find the estimated number of calories you burn each day, and subtract 500-1000 calories from that for your deficit.

Good luck!
  • ksved187
    ksved187 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome and i hope you have an amazing weight loss journey.
    What are your weight lose goals?
    Feel free to add or message me :)
  • muwee72
    Options
    150 would make me normal in my mind lol
  • muwee72
    Options
    Ugh Saturday I have a wedding to attend pray I don't eat the cake or drink too much lol.
  • ksved187
    ksved187 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good goal.
    Can you see if they are offering healthy options or maybe bring in your own snack?
    Or sometimes i know if i am having a high calorie meal (going out to eat or such) i will plan the rest of my day around that so i dont feel as restricted
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Good morning and welcome! Trust the process and set your goal to be 'The Process' - when you focus on what your new normal will be the weight will take care of itself.
  • FitnessFairy7284
    FitnessFairy7284 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey :)
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Stick with us, we ll get you there! Theres enough support on here to help you reach your goals
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I find that bodybuilding.com's misc forums are the best people to talk about weight loss with. They really get it over there...
  • Carisax
    Carisax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Aww luv, don't get so down on yourself. We're all here because we can all do a bit better. Life happens and before you know it, bad habits have taken a toll. You will get back to a healthy place and you'll have ppl to support you along the way. Enjoy that wedding, everything in moderation. Have a great weekend!
  • aidy__b
    aidy__b Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need a wakeup call, even if it is a shock. Use the app and track everything you eat or drink. It soon becomes 2nd nature, just be truthful and the weight will disappear.
    Enjoy the wedding - if you have cake or a few drinks, so what? Log your best estimate and move on. If you are over on one day it isn't the end of the world and if you don't lose weight that week you know why and can accept it as your deliberate choice.
    Good luck
  • muwee72
    Options
    Thanks Everyone
  • tsd752015
    tsd752015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to you. Lots of weight to lose its never going to be easy but I do know from friends that have lost weight keeping track of what they eat/drink has helped them no end. They too have had 'blow' outs when things have cropped up. They draw a line under it and start again.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are highly motivated by the scale. That is great, a lot of us have to work harder at being motivated. I ignored what the scale said for years, accepting just how bad my weight had become was difficult for me. Personally I think getting to point where you know you need to lose weight is the hardest part of losing weight. You have already taken the hardest step! Now it is just learning what works for your body. That is more interesting and while changing one's diet isn't always comfortable, you'll probably end up feeling a lot better.

My advice:
    1) Keep your motivation up, even if that means using a scale everyday ... do whatever works for you.
    2) A series of small steps is often easier than drastic changes. If you make it too hard on yourself you can be setting yourself up for failure. You can tweak and adjust your diet as you go.
    3) Be realistic, almost everyone loses weight at first on a reduced calorie diet, however the diets often fail over time and weight plateaus. That is why the first two points are so important. I've had far more success with frequent little changes, however everyone is different. You need to find out what works for you.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Firstly, don't beat yourself up about your weight. See this as a positive change and let that motivate you, the hardest step is the first one. You can do this :smile: It's not a race and it'll happen at it's own pace but it'll be totally worth it when you get where you want to be,

Best of luck :smile: