Options
2»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    before and after poop for maximum science

Oh good, so I'm not the only one who's done this. Every time I do it though, I am reminded of that moment in Friday when the dad walks out of the bathroom and says "I feel five pounds lighter".
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. But if I feel puffy that day, I will weigh again and it usually reflects a small loss. But I only log once a day, the first weight of the morning.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I go through periods where I weigh myself every morning.

Im glad I have done because Ive just checked my graph over the year (August-August) and theres a total weight loss of 14lbs.

In my mind, I hadnt lost anything because I look/feel the same and Ive jumped off the wagon on several occasions (there was a period where I stopped eating properly/logging or counting calories) but after seeing the graph, my motivation levels have shot through the roof!

14lbs isnt much weight loss over a year but when you have had a huge period where you just didnt care, ate what you wanted and stopped exercising, then it's a wonder!
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I did it yesterday just to see how much the scales went up throughout the day. I usually only weigh myself once a month because fluctuations annoyed me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    minime0424 wrote: »
    Who is guilty of weighing themselves throughout the day?????

Only on rare occasions when I want to make sure I am hydrating adequately on my long rides.

I weigh myself every morning.

If I go on a long ride, occasionally I will weigh myself after. If I am the same weight, my hydration has been good. If I've dropped weight ... not so good.
  • jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning, first thing. Though my interest now is not the number on the scale, but on dropping my body fat percentage and adding some muscle. So the scale will soon not be an accurate gauge of my progress. It will be more my measurements and how my clothes are fitting.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options

I don't see the purpose in weighing the food and drink I have eaten as the day progresses which is what weighing yourself throughout the day amounts to.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    who even has a scale near them all day
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

I don't see the purpose in weighing the food and drink I have eaten as the day progresses which is what weighing yourself throughout the day amounts to.

Not really. Weighing food helps you manage calorie intake. There is no direct relationship between food weight and calories--between different foods. 100g of potato chips has a lot more cals than 100g of celery. Eating 1 lb of food doesn't mean you'll gain a pound of fat.