Looking for a helpful friend.

Options
Hi!
So I've been going through an emotionally tough time and it caused me to fall into depression. With that, my eating habits went out of control and I haven't been exercising much at all. Needless to say, I've been gaining weight quite rapidly. But I'm tired of feeling like this! So decided to start an account here in hopes that I could get back to feeling healthy.
I would love to have a buddy who can encourage me and help me to push my weight loss journey to success. I will do my best to reciprocate the support. :)
Thank you!

Replies

• Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I too have struggled with depression. And everything that comes along with it. Some days are better than others, but I have found that even a walk around the neighborhood helps bring me up. Feel free to add me :smile: I'm also looking for some encouragement as well. Some days, when the scale doesn't change, the tape measure doesn't get smaller, and everything seems hopeless it's good to have someone. :)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm happy to help and motivate you any time :smile: I know it's tough to get motivated and get started when you have suffered with depression! Feel free to add me if you like. Best of luck!
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi it is nice to meet you! My name is Kevin.

I live in the Saint Louis Metro (O'Fallon, Illinois) but I work in Earth City, MO.

I want to loose 100+ pounds!

Personally; I've been going through a divorce since Nov 2015 (it should be done by November 2016) and spent the better part of that time self-loathing (depression) and putting on way too much weight and adopting too many unhealthy habits.

I'm ready to change and today I start.
  • healthybarrel
    healthybarrel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Depression is rough and I certainly know where you're coming from as i've trained multiple clients in the same situation.

I tell my clients that using fitness as an outlet is one of the first signs that change will happen for the better. However, do note that depression can be a multitude of factors.

Create a list of everything that causes your depression and try to tackle them one by one. I know it can be overwhelming to handle everything at once so just take it slow. Remember that little progress is better than no progress.

Lastly, using fitness as an outlet can reap so many benefits that can clear the path for a healthy mindset. Start with just a really easy workout plan to follow. Dealing with diet at the same time may be overwhelming. So work hard at one thing and then move on to the next when you feel comfortable to do so.

I hope this helps you and if you have any other questions feel free to reach out to me.

Have a great day!

Alex