My wife and the BBC

Options

Replies

• merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    I don't like BBC in particular, but sometimes it's exactly what I needed.

Especially when you get tired of all the other dumb channels.
  • Bucknutz247
    Bucknutz247 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ald783.... Lmao. Nice one
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    The BBC isn't really my thing.

But I do love me some Peaky Blinders.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Does anyone like BBC in the morning?

The bbc news shows are quite comprehensive and informative so I'd think yes lots love bbc in the morning
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I believe BBC Online is quite a decent alternative.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Maximus wrote: »
    Here's a question for the ladies (and maybe some guys) but what room in the house do you enjoy the BBC?

I really enjoy the BBC out in my gazebo, windows open so the air comes in ;)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Aren't you worried about people seeing you enjoying the BBC?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Aren't you worried about people seeing you enjoying the BBC?

The more people that see the BBC, the more that can enjoy it's beauty
  • owieprone
    owieprone Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Back when Red Dwarf and Blackadder were being shown in the U.S. late nights, I couldn't watch because I had to have the sound loud to understand the dialect and it would have disturbed the others in my house trying to sleep.

I was able to understand Monty Python and most of the others.

I'm assuming your american and stuck over there (i jest) have you managed to watch them? They are worth getting used to the accents.

You also need to look up: Black's Books, The IT Crowd, 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, and The Thick of It. You might have luck on youtube or netflix, or buy them?
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    BEST THREAD EVER!!! :D:D

I find that the BBC is sometimes to deep, but at least I never have to pay to receive it.
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Timothyh27 wrote: »
    BEST THREAD EVER!!! :D:D

I find that the BBC is sometimes to deep, but at least I never have to pay to receive it.
    Do you not pay for a license? BBC is the only one we pay for because no ad breaks.

They can't enforce it. Not allowed to enter your premises without a warrant and therefore accompanied by a police officer. They can't tell if you are watching live TV they can only tell that your TV is emitting radio waves. I wouldn't pay for it. By paying for a TV license you are paying to watch live TV not just the BBC and they do not give the money to other broadcasters.

You do get adverts too, just BBC adverts, advertising the BBC which the tax payer is not reimbursed for.

That said I am a fan of the BBC its programmes and services and think they are mostly impartial however I will never pay for a TV license.

Whhhoooo serious discussion overload :smiley: