Looking for support and motivation.

Options
nathinds
nathinds Posts: 26 Member
edited August 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey all! I've been having a rough year. Due to an unexpected death of my dad I've been really depressed for the past year and stopped caring about myself. I'm finally realizing that I need to start taking care of myself again... I'm not one to discuss any of this with the people closest to me since I don't want to be a bother.

Id love to make new friends on here that are also looking to motivate and cheer each other on! I took my first kickboxing class on Wednesday and would love to keep the fitness going. Please feel free to add me so we can cheer each other on

Replies

• KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi it is nice to meet you! My name is Kevin.

I live in the Saint Louis Metro (O'Fallon, Illinois) but I work in Earth City, MO.

I want to loose 100+ pounds!

Personally; I've been going through a divorce since Nov 2015 (it should be done by November 2016) and spent the better part of that time self-loathing and putting on way too much weight and adopting too many unhealthy habits.

I'm ready to change and today I start.
  • nathinds
    nathinds Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your divorce. Depression sucks. It sure makes us turn on ourselves. Today is a great day to start!
  • alimwilliams
    alimwilliams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. Good for you for being brave enough to open up to others and to start the exercise programme, which will undoubtedly help with your mindset and general outlook. We're all struggling through with all our issues! Good luck to you.
  • Crysma22
    Crysma22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, my fitness pal is a great place to find motivated. So just keep posti. Start small and gradually build upon your workouts, etc. It can be overwhelming trying to do too much at once. Create weekly goals.