Yoga

Options
Anyone a yoga fan?! I just started and I'm in love!!! I wanted someone's advice on hot yoga, what should I bring my first time? Thanks!!

Replies

• jesslynn520
    jesslynn520 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bring a mat, a towel for your mat (to absorb sweat so you don't slip unless you own an open cell yoga mat), water, a hand towel and or headband for face sweat. Don't try to go "all out" your first time. Your body has to get acclimated to the moves and the temperature. You can always take child's pose to rest.

Also make sure you are hydrating well all day before you go to class and eat something light 2 hours before :)
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mat, mat towel, and water. Some studios are much hotter than others, and there's also a big variation in how fast paced the classes are. I usually wear cropped leggings instead of shorts because I get super sweaty and my legs slip in poses where my arms are against them or my legs are against each other. Tighter fitting tank tops or just a bra are most comfortable on top. I always feel amazing after hot yoga classes.
  • BeautifullyBroken50
    BeautifullyBroken50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I discovered yoga about 3 months ago after lifting for four years and feeling burnt out. I took a few months off, gained 20# and then started yoga. I LOVE yoga! It has been the best thing for me physically and mentally. Haven't tried hot yoga yet but look forward to trying it. I just take some basic classes and do almost everything else on my own through websites I find online.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I love yoga. I've practiced since 2003, but off and on. It helped me get to my lowest weight and highest body confidence in 2012. This Sunday I am going to start again at a hot yoga place close by to help me deal with some mental/soul stuff, so your thread was interestingly well timed.

As others have said, mat, mat towel, comfy but form fitting clothes and kindness for both yourself and others.
  • Puravidablonde
    Puravidablonde Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Not sure on what to take to hot yoga. Pretty much all yoga I do here is kind of hot yoga though since I live on the beach and it's always hot and there is no ac at the one studio I go too, lol.

I generally take my mat, a towel, a bottle of water for after class. I have two mats, one for the bottom layer and then another on top that is made for hot yoga and can be washed in the machine.