Do you weight in daily or weekly?

Options
I just wonder what everyone does. I am weighing in daily but today I went up .2 and that is frustrating to see. I am starting to think weekly may be the way to go but it feels good to see a daily loss.

Replies

• minski39
    minski39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found that daily works better for me, but that was only through trial and error. The wonder and anticipation is too much, so even though the number on the scale doesn't always go down, it's far more motivating for me to know where I am each day. Seems everyone is a little different - best of luck in finding what works for you! :smile:
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted, so I weight daily. Its not wise to weigh daily because it will discourage you sometimes. Daily weight changes can be due to water retention and not necessarily fat. I've learned if I drink at least 8 cups of water a day, the scale never goes up (unless I cheat with certain foods)
  • amorgan101187
    Options
    i weigh myself daily but only check my weight in here weekly. your .2 is most likely water weight. I use an analog scale so i dont see the scale move unless its a lb difference. if u check in daily your constantly going to be adding and dropping due to water fluctuation.
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I cant help myself I have to weigh daily. Most would agree to only weigh once a week
  • RashmiNaik
    Options
    I weigh in daily. I am going thru peri menopause and my weight fluctuates like crazy once the symptoms start. There could be unto half pound to one pound increase and mysteriously drops after 2/3 days.
  • russmama
    russmama Posts: 6
    Options
    I know what you mean, those little influxes on a daily basis can be frustrating. I have tried both ways, though, and I really think I stay on track better when I force myself on the scale daily. I know many experts warn against this. But when I stay away, I GAIN. So, for me, it is the lesser of the two evils to just go ahead and hop on, for the good, bad or indifferent. Best of luck to you!!!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    monthly
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself weekly. I find it keeps my sanity by not reacting to each increase or decrease on a daily basis.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record it weekly (average of last 3 days).

I don't freak out about daily flucuations within a pound and if it's more than a pound than I know I need to make adjustments.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion: Weigh in and MEASURE weekly. Measure, measure, measure. Please don't forget this is a much better indication of progress.
    The only time daily weigh in is ok is if you are new and trying to determine eating patterns and triggers. But it is a hard habit to break, so I would not even start it.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weekly is best,there will be daily fluctuations. If you weigh daily you need to learn to accept those fluctuations and only have a weekly date that you actually log it.
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi- I resist the urge to weigh in daily. I know that it would set me up for a bad day if there were any gain-ESPECIALLY if I had a good day the day before. I look forward to stepping on the scale on Monday morning and it helps me "behave" on the weekends!
  • ChanMay
    ChanMay Posts: 39
    Options
    I weigh myself each morning. I find it helps me to stay on track. It has also helped me to find high sodium levels in foods I eat, which is something I never looked at before.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Weekly. There's too much variation in the human body on a day-to-day basis for me to trust a daily weigh-in.
  • futureformerfatgirl
    futureformerfatgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily also but I am finding that it is not a great idea. When I wake up in the morning and I weigh the same as I did yesterday morning, it's a little disheartening. I need to put the scale away and trust that I am doing well enough everyday. By the time a week goes by, I'm sure the feeling will be much greater to see that I've lost 2 pounds instead of gained or lost .3. Besides, not knowing what I weigh everyday will keep me motivated to stay on track.
  • mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure weekly. Too many fluctuations daily for my taste.
  • 4cherell
    4cherell Posts: 6
    Options
    I think that weekly is a bit more rewarding and less stressful. Try weekly and see if it works, if not go back to weighing in daily.
  • beth651
    beth651 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly, because I find that if I weigh in daily it changes so, even hourly your weight will change depending on water.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I can't help but weigh in daily. I get worried that if I did it weekly then I might not see the little changes. That one day a week could be the day that my weight decided to go up.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I have tried and tried to weigh in weekly or even monthly but unfortunately I'm addicted, so it's becoming a daily thing now lol. The good thing is, I've learned not to depend on the numbers on the scale and take it in stride when they're not what I want them to be. :smile: That's what you have to do regardless of how often you weigh in; the ups and downs are all part of the journey!