Finding the Motivation to Keep Going

Options
Last night my family went out for dinner and I ordered one of the worst things on the menu. A bacon cheeseburger with hashbrowns and a fried egg on top, and a side of onion rings. I'm not going to lie, it was REALLY GOOD! Then, before bed I ate two chocolate chip poptarts. Did you know a serving is one? (How evil!)

I also made plans to go to the store today. I was going to buy ice cream, cookies and a slice of cake smothered in buttercream. I figured since I blew it yesterday, I would just keep going.

I woke up this morning, weighed in and I'm down almost 2 pounds. I looked in the mirror, yep still really overweight. I looked again, and saw the woman who was buried under all this fat just screaming to live. It was then that I realized the reason I'm in this position is because I kept going downhill every time I slipped.

I'm not going downhill anymore. I'm climbing to the top. There's going to be loose rocks that will cause me to trip. I may even lose my footing from time to time. What I will not do is allow myself to continue to fall down that mountain anymore. I have seen what the bottom looks like. Now, I am going to see the view from the top.

Replies

• alimwilliams
    alimwilliams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good for you for putting the brakes on.
    I had a binge when I got home from work last night and my mindset immediately went to blowing the whole weekend. I'm about ready to go for a walk and keep on track today. Just got to keep going. It will all be worth it.
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Same situation you're in. There's always going to be slips. Last time I went on this journey, I 'slipped' up by eating pizza. But that must have shocked the body, because I also LOST weight. Now I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. But you have to get back on the wagon so to speak.