15 lbs down in 2 months

Options
I've been exercising for two months now. The first month, I just did a bunch of cardio so I could try to blast some fat. The second month, I started P90X!

I'm just about 30 days into P90X. I've only lost 5 lbs, but the inches just seem to be melting off! I'm just about to my first goal weight! I started at 171.1 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 156.2 lbs. After I reach 155 lbs, my first goal, the next step is 10 more pounds from there!

I'll try to post a picture of my P90X 30 day progress. I've never posted a picture here before, but I did a search for a tutorial so hopefully that helped, lol! My P90X pictures had me at a starting weight of 161.2 lbs. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of me at 171 lbs. I kind of wish I did now :tongue:

P90XCollage.jpg

Replies

• cissy84
    cissy84 Posts: 18
    Options
    Sorry :blushing: I don't really know how to make the picture smaller.
  • s_nilu
    s_nilu Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that's very inspiring....i am trying to loose 20 lbs since Jan but no luck. any tips you can share??
  • DanniR88xx
    DanniR88xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Looking fab! Well done!

What is P90X?

Thanks
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good work! Keep it up and you will hit your goal in no time!
  • dikent
    dikent Posts: 24
    Options
    I can totally see the difference especially in your belly/waist! Awesome!

I'm thinking about starting P90X again....Tony scares the bejeevers out of me, but I've seen so much success from the people who use this program. Which of the programs are you using, if you don't mind me asking?
  • cissy84
    Options
    that's very inspiring....i am trying to loose 20 lbs since Jan but no luck. any tips you can share??

I just woke up one morning and was so sick of how much I had let myself go. I used my frustration as motivation. I had no excuse for not doing something about it. So I just hopped on my elliptical machine everyday and took bike rides and what ever else I could do for cardio for the first month. I started to watch what I eat... that's the big one. I didn't realize just how much I was eating until I joined this site. I started concentrating on eating more lean proteins and fruits and veggies and dropped down on my carb intake.

As far as exercising, I just worked hard with cardio the first month and then incorporated strength training in the second month.
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    I used to do the P90X for the legs once a week in a classroom because the professor couldn't do it in her apartment with all the jumping. It was the most intense 50some minutes of my life.

You're doing a great job! :) Keep it up!
  • cissy84
    Options
    I can totally see the difference especially in your belly/waist! Awesome!

I'm thinking about starting P90X again....Tony scares the bejeevers out of me, but I've seen so much success from the people who use this program. Which of the programs are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm doing P90X lean schedule since this is the first time I've done P90X.... I'm still trying to lose a little weight so that schedule gives me more cardio and core workouts.

And I was intimidated by Tony too at first! After watching him on the videos though, I find him kind of funny :blushing:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Solid! You're doing great!
  • cissy84
    Options
    Looking fab! Well done!

What is P90X?

Thanks

P90X is a 90 day workout program from Beachbody. Tony Horton is the guy that does the P90X videos. So many people get such awesome results from it that I decided to try it out.
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and inches. I got on the scale yesterday and nothing, but the family keeps saying "Your losing in your face" I guess I am not as much of a marshmellow any more :) We always seem to be so concerned with the scale that we forget the inches and the healthier choices we are making.....keep it up

P90X is a workout that is intense.......(of course try insanity:). I am currently in week 2 of P90x. About the only thing I cant do (and its a total mental thing)is the 95 minute Yoga session. Tony has a fountain of youth series out that has a 45 minute Yoga session in it.....That I can do.....as a matter of fact its today's workout :)
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Indeed that is fantastic work - and you can clearly see that on top of the 15 pounds you've lost inches and gained muscle tone so FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cissy84
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and inches. I got on the scale yesterday and nothing, but the family keeps saying "Your losing in your face" I guess I am not as much of a marshmellow any more :) We always seem to be so concerned with the scale that we forget the inches and the healthier choices we are making.....keep it up

P90X is a workout that is intense.......(of course try insanity:). I am currently in week 2 of P90x. About the only thing I cant do (and its a total mental thing)is the 95 minute Yoga session. Tony has a fountain of youth series out that has a 45 minute Yoga session in it.....That I can do.....as a matter of fact its today's workout :)

I was actually surprised at how intense his Yoga workout really was! The first time I did it, I was just burnt out by the end, lol. Now it's getting easier but there are still some moves where I'm like "Holy moly, I can't bend like that!"
  • cissy84
    Options
    Indeed that is fantastic work - and you can clearly see that on top of the 15 pounds you've lost inches and gained muscle tone so FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :blushing:
  • BlackBeltLife
    Options

I was actually surprised at how intense his Yoga workout really was! The first time I did it, I was just burnt out by the end, lol. Now it's getting easier but there are still some moves where I'm like "Holy moly, I can't bend like that!"

YUP NOT DOING CRANE :) Thats got bust my face written all over it :)
  • cissy84
    Options

YUP NOT DOING CRANE :) Thats got bust my face written all over it :)

Right! That's exactly the one I have the most trouble with, lol. Someday I'll be able to do it.... maybe!
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    You look great!! Thanks for sharing your photos. Very inspiring.
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    Great job! I have lost 13 and I started about 2 1/2 months ago. I have both P90x and Insanity. I gave my p90x to my brother in law. He was going to buy and I it was just collecting dust at my house. I find him VERY BORING I don't why. I think because I am more of a fast movement person and he is so monotone. I think he is REALLY WORKING FOR YOU...congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!