How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Once a week.. I started doing it everyday for awhile there and drove myself up a tree with all the fluctuations.

I generally do mine on thursday.

This. UGH, my scale stubbornly refuses to move so I try not to obsess about it and just keep on doing what I'm doing. It can't last forever. (can it? :ohwell: )
  • aalanclose
    aalanclose Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My goodness. You all sound very sensible. I find i end up weighing myself 3 or 4 times a day but do an "official" one every fortnight on one of those machines that gives you a printout.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Thursday mornings. I do sneak on the scale a few other days lol
  • cmreich
    cmreich Posts: 5
    Options
    I weight myself once a day but I know really shouldn't. You're weight varies 3 pounds plus or minus from water weight (completely irrelevant to fat loss and will change the next time you hydrate etc). I used to get emotional before I understood this if I saw that number go up when really I am just had too much sodium. So like most everyone who has posted, I get on the scale once a day out of curiosity but my official weigh in that I record is once a week.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    daily! after I do my business in the bathroom and strip down to my undies or nothing at all. I only log on Fridays.

I like seeing the fluctuations... keeps me accountable...Sodium is the thing I watch out for the most so if I see my weight creep up, I know to keep an eye on it.
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to admit I'll step on the scale 2x in the morning (you know just to verify the first reading), sometimes when I get home from work (but not always), after any hard workout before I shower(see how much water I sweated off), and every night before I go to bed. I don't keep an official weigh in day. I will just post my weight loss when I have lost more than .5 lbs and kept it off a few days.

That sounds a bit neurotic or obsessive, but I swear I'm not. But then again, if I were, would I realize I am?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Daily (every morning) but I don't obsess about it. It just helps me stay on track better.

Same here. I am a daily morning weigher. I don't stress about the daily fluctuations but if my weight does keep trending upward it will allow me to reconfigure my calorie intake before things get out of control. This will probably especially help when I am maintaining.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Daily after using the bathroom. I found that when I didn't the pounds crept back on. I don't obsess about minor daily flucuations though.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every other day or so just because I'm curious, but I only record my weight once a week.
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning.
  • luxuryisntcheap
    Options
    Daily every morning. It gives me motivation to eat better than I did the day before, because the numbers are down again. I don't have an official weigh in.
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    once a week
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    several times a day
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    daily! after I do my business in the bathroom and strip down to my undies or nothing at all. I only log on Fridays.

I like seeing the fluctuations... keeps me accountable...Sodium is the thing I watch out for the most so if I see my weight creep up, I know to keep an eye on it.

I do the exact same thing. I am hooked on the numbers. it annoys my husband because it totaly dictates how my day is going to be.
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I get in the shower...helps me keep on track. I only update my weight once a week though.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I don`t have a scale at home lol so its only about once a month that I weigh in at my MIL`s house. Sometimes I will peak at it on the gym`s scale while I`m there but I really don`t care so much about what I weigh as I do about what I am able to fit lol I really want to get into a size 10 jeans (currently 13/14)
  • VidaSana
    VidaSana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I never do to be honest. The scale is inaccurate with so many different daily factors coming into play.
    I like how Jillian Michaels does it...judge by the way your jeans fit. Not the scale :)
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    After not ever weighing myself for months ( didn't want to face my weight problem ) Now I do nearly every day - although my official weigh in day is a tuesday. I find it help spur me on if it is moving then I know I am doing something, if it isn't I need to do better! It also makes me realise how much my weight can change according to the time of the month. Must admit it doesn't worry me what the scales say any other day than the tuesday. I know for some people it may not be the right thing to weight watch but we are all different.