Oatmeat or eggs?

Options
What do you prefer for breakfast oatmeal or eggs. Myself i prefer eggs.

Replies

• KarenMoeller2
    KarenMoeller2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    eggs. although I do enjoy oatmeal when the weather is freezing out.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    These are my mainstay breakfasts, either oatmeal or eggs. Not much else keeps me full. Can't pick, just depends on the day.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Oatmeal. Eggs gives me horrifying gas and cramps and aren't even that healthy anyway. But I prefer a bagel with almond butter or vegan yogurt and granola
  • gottagetitoff11
    gottagetitoff11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Is oatmeal really as good for you as people say. 4 frams fiber in mine and my english muffin has 6 fiber and 6 protein. It says lowers cholesterol and other things but would the english muffins i buy not do that as well they have more fiber. Just wondering..
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    egg 100% I loathe oatmeal. I don't like oatmeal cookies or no bake cookies with oatmeal either.
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal for the taste, eggs for the protein.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Eggs for protein. Oatmeal...never. Yuck. @littlechiaseed why aren't eggs healthy?
  • Bevan106
    Bevan106 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Both. Everyday.
  • Electric_Warfare
    Electric_Warfare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually have both for breakfast.
    Oats with banana or some blue berries followed by 2 boiled eggs with one piece of toast.
    If in a hurry- oats with vanilla protein powder.
    YES eggs are good for you.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Eggs gives me horrifying gas and cramps and aren't even that healthy anyway. But I prefer a bagel with almond butter or vegan yogurt and granola

Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods there is.

Eggs for me, I do like oats but not keen on oatmeal, I find it to saw dusty.
  • Electric_Warfare
    Options
    Eggs for protein. Oatmeal...never. Yuck. @littlechiaseed why aren't eggs healthy?

because she is an egg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are those the only two options? Why? Today I'll be having Wasa crispbread with [strange nordic spreads you wouldn't understand nor want], milk, pineapple and orange cauliflower.
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Yum, just yum. With maple or golden syrup for sweetner.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Is oatmeal really as good for you as people say. 4 frams fiber in mine and my english muffin has 6 fiber and 6 protein. It says lowers cholesterol and other things but would the english muffins i buy not do that as well they have more fiber. Just wondering..

It isn't because of the fibre although that is great also, it is because of the beta glucan.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Are those the only two options? Why? Today I'll be having Wasa crispbread with [strange nordic spreads you wouldn't understand nor want], milk, pineapple and orange cauliflower.

What on earth is pineapple and orange cauliflower?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I don't believe that you don't know what pineapple is, but orange cauliflower looks like
    cauliflower_orange.jpg
  • Electric_Warfare
    Options
    sounds awfull
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

I don't believe that you don't know what pineapple is, but orange cauliflower looks like
    cauliflower_orange.jpg

I thought it was all one meal, "Pineapple and orange cauliflower"

Wow, I've not seen those before, we get purple broccoli and purple carrots in the UK but I've never seen orange cauliflower. Sounds like a great way to get beta carotene.