Anyone else have PCOS?

Options
Hi!

My name is Sian, i'm 20 and I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. In two years i've managed to lose 21 lbs but it's very slow and I find it very hard to lose weight with a decent diet and exercise.

I was wondering whether anyone else with PCOS followed a specific diet (very low carb ect) that worked for them better?

Thank you :)

Replies

• ohsosweet26
    ohsosweet26 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Sian! I also have PCOS! I find that eating lots of protein helps as it keeps me feeling full longer and helps with cravings too.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I see better results when I lower my carbs.
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and Metformin is helpful as is intermittent fasting. IM actually helped me more then anything else. And exercise is also helpful along with lots of water
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me because of PCOS, weight will come off slower and I should exercise at least 45 minutes a day, even if just walking.
  • Nnsando
    Nnsando Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, been struggling very bad at losing, the scale has been mean to me for months. Finally it's moving, I've been intermittent fasting and taking inositol.
  • sianeve1
    sianeve1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
    catsdogsh wrote: »
    I have PCOS and Metformin is helpful as is intermittent fasting. IM actually helped me more then anything else. And exercise is also helpful along with lots of water
    Nnsando wrote: »
    I have PCOS, been struggling very bad at losing, the scale has been mean to me for months. Finally it's moving, I've been intermittent fasting and taking inositol.

Could you guys tell me how the intermittent fasting works please <3 And also inositol!