Not a real NSV, but something to brag about...I think...

Options
So, I have been busting my butt, working out 3-5 days a week and have lost 6 pounds in 2.5 weeks. This morning after I got out of the shower, I seemed to notice while drying my thigh, it wasn't as jiggly and was actually somewhat firm! When I moved up to my waist, I swear that seemed a bit smaller too. Now, all of this could very well just be in my head, but I think I'm actually seeing progress!!!

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's not all in your head! Keep up the good work!! :)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    that certainly is something to brag about, congrats!

Its probably not in your head, in addition to the lbs lost you probably lost some inches in those places.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    are you measuring? you should be! I find that way more gratifying than the scale :o) great job! For instance I've only lost 13lbs since march (i know, not ONLY. 13's a lot. haha) but more importantly I've lost 5 inches overall! way more exciting to me.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Yup, worth of bragging about it
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Definitely something to brag about!! You're toning up! You're doing great, girl :) I have been noticing it a lot in my legs too...still don't see much improvement in the stomach area yet...but I've heard that comes a little later on! Keep up the great work :)
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Its not in your head. I see small changes almost every day. Sometimes they are so dramatic that I SWEAR that I'm making them up!! but I'm not. inches are coming off MUCH faster than scales progress shows! good luck!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth bragging about. Not only are you making progress, you are able to see and feel it. Keep up the great work and the positive thoughts. :happy:
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Brag on honey! You worked for every bit of it! Be proud of yourself!!!:flowerforyou:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Job, and if you were never taking measurements. Now's probably a good time to start.
    Going forward you might not lose any lbs, but those inches will slowly start to melt away.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Exciting; way to go!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is DEFINITELY real NSV :flowerforyou:

Measure! Measure!
    :love:
    That is a number that gets smaller MUCH faster! (And those inches determine what size clothes you wear, not #'s!!!)
  • readingmomma
    readingmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bridg, there's an area in here where you can keep track of 3 of your measurements and record them to help see the progress...Remember last time you shifted and lost lots before it showed on the scales. I'm proud of you, and you're doing worlds better than I am.:flowerforyou:
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bridg, there's an area in here where you can keep track of 3 of your measurements and record them to help see the progress...Remember last time you shifted and lost lots before it showed on the scales. I'm proud of you, and you're doing worlds better than I am.:flowerforyou:

Actually you can add as many as you want, these are the areas I keep track of::
    (I manually entered the area "name")
    Neck
    Waist
    Hips
    Thigh - Left
    Thigh - Right
    Arm (upper) - Left
    Arm (upper) - Right
    Chest (under bust)
    Bust (across nipples)
    Upper Bust (under armpits)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!