Gas pain

Options
I'm having really bad bloating and gas. Like the kind that doesn't want to leave my body and is super painful. Not sure what's going on. I am vegan btw.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it is time to visit your doctor....
  • Damien_K
    Damien_K Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Do you have some Enos? Works like a charm
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I use peppermint tea for trapped wind but I second that you should go to the Dr.
  • Electric_Warfare
    Electric_Warfare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Spose you eat alot of beans, lentals and that weird processed meat flavoured vegan stuff ?
    All likely to cause bad gas.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Spose you eat alot of beans, lentals and that weird processed meat flavoured vegan stuff ?
    All likely to cause bad gas.

Do you have a problem with vegans?
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Can't speak for the pp but I have no problem with vegans, but it's true.

Simethicone works wonders. Same stuff that's in infacol.
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Are you a new vegan? If you've recently upped the fiber in your diet suddenly, that might be the problem. But, yes. Go see a doctor.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If I eat lentils two days in a row I get painful gas. One day I'm fine, two days and I'm crying.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    There's a vegan version of beano, can't remember what it's called though. Still baffles me why they would put animal products in something most likely to be wanted by people trying not to eat animals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have that issue around ovulation and before TOM. I also end up looking 5 months pregnant. I think it might be related to my ovary cysts, actually.. it's really a LOT of bloating and water retention.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating something that doesn't agree with you. There's several vegetables I can't eat because they make me explode...broccoli, cauliflower, kale, onions, cabbage, ect...Google gas causing vegetables
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Activated charcoal.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I put a heating pad on to make it all go away. And drink chamomile tea.
  • hereforthelolz
    hereforthelolz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 4 or 5 months, but this just started since I started calorie counting a few days ago. The weird thing is that I am not eating anything different than I was before, just less of it, and I haven't been eating chips, candy, cookies, etc.

I tried a heating pad last night and it worked great. I'll pick up some peppermint tea. Hopefully this is a temporary problem.
  • hereforthelolz
    hereforthelolz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh, my fiber intake has been around 35-40 a day, which is pretty normal for me and should be ok, right?
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Oh, my fiber intake has been around 35-40 a day, which is pretty normal for me and should be ok, right?

That's kind of a lot.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    add plenty of fresh chopped dill to your vegetable dishes and soups. Adds a nice flavor and helps with gas evacuation
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Grate some fresh ginger, boil and drink as tea (with or without sugar).
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

That's kind of a lot.

My fiber gets close to 50 grams some days
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating something that doesn't agree with you. There's several vegetables I can't eat because they make me explode...broccoli, cauliflower, kale, onions, cabbage, ect...Google gas causing vegetables

They are called fodmaps. Some people have a condition in which they need to be careful about eating too much and temporarily need to limit them. Monash University Low Fodmap Diet App is helpful.

OP, this is just my experience. I was overtreated with antibiotics. I didn't know it had caused a malabsorption disorder. I was injured by another med (just adding this for context).I was having over reactive histamine reactions to foods. I went vegan. But, those were the foods I malabsorb. I became very sick. My situation is unusual. But sharing just in case. I had to stop eating grains, starches, fodmaps. But, often this is temporary just to recover. Along with adding good fermented foods like kefir (you might be able to find or make a vegan version) and sauerkraut. And making sure to get a lot of soluble fiber from the low fodmap fruits and veggies.