Menopausal

Options
Hi, is anyone else in this position? Can you share your experience,success frustrations please

Thanks

Replies

• tthomasb2626
    tthomasb2626 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me. It's harder to take this weight off, but I'm determined I will.
  • kblev1
    kblev1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi--i'm in the same boat, and despite fairly intense exercise, i'm struggling to lose weight that i've gained since perimenopause. it's clear i'll have to be incredibly strict with my diet.
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It will not come off as fast as it did when you were younger - you will need to strength train more than you did when you were younger, you will need to exercise 5-6 days a week and you will need to eat less calories than you did when you were younger... but if you are consistent you will see results. Once I accepted there was no easy fix and I needed to be in this for the long haul - accepting that - made all the difference.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Menopausal here! It is def. easier to put it on. I also broke my leg in 3 places so I used food as my comfort, I had to be non weight bearing for 3 months and then in a walking boot for 6 weeks and then physical therapy. I know how hard this is, I've worked out for the last 5 days on the treadclimber and my back is seriously killing me. I've stayed true to my calories and I have already seen the difference. Hang in there. We all know this isn't easy! You can do it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Tell me the hot flashes burn calories at least. I'm hoping they also kill off any lurking pathogens.