• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hi There :) Add me too if you'd like!
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'd love some new friends too! I'm 51 but my kiddos are 31,30 and 23 and have moved out on their own. It's just been the hubs and I at home for a little over a year now.
  • lisaa17
    lisaa17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included! I'm 48 and just sent my first off to college. I have 20 pounds to lose and I need help staying on track. I've been fit most of my adult life but in the past 5 years it has gotten HARD. I look for to hanging with some encouraging people who are excited about getting their healthy back!
  • jen_n_memphis
    jen_n_memphis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    46 here, 3 kids, I fit this picture! Add me!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    happy to add anyone on the thread, I'm 45, 3 kids, 8-14.
  • tygrrlove2
    tygrrlove2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there I just turned 50, 4 kids,and still trying to figure this all out to. It's been a roller coaster ride for sure. Hoping to finally get it right this time. Looking for others as well. Please add
  • shawnele
    shawnele Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bouchakl wrote: »
    So what works best for everyone? What this app has taught me is that I was eating too many calories and being lazy. Honesty is rough! I was eating healthy but constantly nauseous. Eating helped. Hhhmmm. Premenopausal hormones? Anyway my eyes are now open. Let the weight loss begin.

I have had the same experience with the app. Most of my life I could eat what I wanted without much consequence. If I did happen to gain weight, it would come off without hardly any effort. While that started to change in my 30s, the pregnancies in my late 30s and early 40s definitely opened my eyes to how things had changed. Even then, I still didn't realize how off track I was with calories until using MFP!

While I haven't had the hunger issue, perimenopausal hormones have been crazy! I actually went to the hospital with chest pains, racing heart, dizziness, etc last fall. Turns out it was hormones! Since I stopped the soda (actually, that was shortly before that episode), and started being a little more careful about what I was eating (less sugar), that has all gotten much better. Now to bring the calories into a more reasonable range (we're ranchers; steak, potatoes, eggs, gravies, bacon...they're staples here!) and get in shape to take some of the strain of the extra weight and fat off of this body that's served me so well for nearly 5 decades!
  • LeslieAresa
    LeslieAresa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am 53 and I have 25 more pounds to lose after losing 64 lbs!
  • Taymleorrial
    Taymleorrial Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 with 3 kids ages 19, 16 and 3. I need to lose about 90 pounds and would love to have you add me :)
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me I am going to be 50 in 6 weeks, I have a 13yr old daughter and a sort of supportive hubby. I haveOA in both knees and hips so mobility and exercise can be problematic along with the problems of being a lady of a certain age. I have always been overweight it has yo yoed over the yrs gone up more than down. I am determined to lose weight and keep it off. I have lost 33lbs and have another 50+ to go
  • heatherwhtfrd
    heatherwhtfrd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 I had my little girl when I was 40 & have had many false starts to lose the weight! I have about 130 lbs to lose. I am determined to lose the weight this time it would be great to have people to talk to who understand & some inspiration is always helpful! Love to have you add me
  • tadman662
    tadman662 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! :D
    I am soon to be 42, have 4 children ages 17-22 with the oldest three in college. My body ain't like it used to be lol!
    I have lost about 30 pounds so far and looking to lose 20 more.
  • IsaTexDesigner
    IsaTexDesigner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 5 year old. Would love to meet others! Feel free to add me!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    45 here- 2 kids- would love to lose 40 pounds -- feel free to add me as well!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 51, the mother of an 18 year old and I'm perimenopausal with hypothyroidism. I am always open to new friends to share and learn with. Feel free to add me.

Karen
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I'm 44 with a ONE YEAR OLD daughter. Yep. Started REALLY, really late.
  • 46CS
    46CS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    46 here and I have a 20 & 22 yr. old still living at home. Anyone feel free to add me. :) more friends, more encouragement.
  • turtlemama68
    turtlemama68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. i am 48 - two kids, busy single mom. Please add me as a friend. I'd love some MFP encouragment and accountability.
  • beemac52014
    beemac52014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 this year with two teenage boys. I'm working on losing the same 15-20 pounds for probably the third time. I have a trip in March and I want to feel good in a swimsuit. I'd love to connect for tips and motivation!