Who has egg mcmuffins for breakfast.

Options
If any members have egg mcmuffins for breakfast how do you get the egg circle or do you just put a fried egg on it or a smaller omelette.

Thanks

Replies

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have made egg mcmuffins and did just fry the egg and tried to fit it on the English muffin. I did buy egg rings but found unless your pan is absolutely flat they don't work that well. I think the egg rings were less than $3 for two and I found them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I read somewhere that McDonald's started out using tuna cans with both ends cut out. That would work as well.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You can buy egg rings. I just make an omelet & fold it small
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    mespy58 wrote: »
    Put the egg in a small bowl or even a measuring cup and microwave for 1-2 mins, perfect fit for a muffin.

Yes. When I ate eggs this is what I did. Just butter or spray your bowl with cooking spray to avoid stuck on egg.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A muffin top pan works great - just bake your eggs six at a time. 350° for 25 minutes.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have a tiny frying pan that perfectly forms a circular egg to fit on a sandwich. I found it as a cheap decorative item at Wal-Mart. The second time I used it on the stove, the plastic handle melted off. The pan, though, is aluminum and lasts. Before my mfp journey began, every breakfast was a circular egg on a wheat bread sandwich with a slice of Cure81 ham and a slice of cheese. That was way better than a McD Egg McMuffin.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We have a Hamilton Beach egg sandwich maker.
    https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/breakfast-breakfast-sandwich-maker-25475.html
    I'm not normally a fan of kitchen gadgets, but this little guy works great, cleans easily and doesn't take up much space. Even the kids love it.

Now I'm hungry for an egg muffin. Might have one for lunch!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I came across a marvellous tip for perfect poached eggs. Dip the whole egg in boiling water for a ten seconds before breaking it open. A perfect round without ragged edges.

http://www.thekitchn.com/julia-childs-simple-trick-for-perfect-poached-eggs-every-time-tips-from-the-kitchn-218202
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I did buy egg rings but found unless your pan is absolutely flat they don't work that well. I read somewhere that McDonald's started out using tuna cans with both ends cut out. That would work as well.

Well I thank you for saving me that wasted money as I've been eyeing those egg rings for the longest time now! That's so fascinating what you stated about McDonald's, I wonder if that's true? I'm definitely trying it!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I do once a week. But just the Mcmuffin and no hash browns.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I make an egg ring out of aluminum foil.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I make my own healthier version. A whole wheat English muffin, a slice of muenster cheese (not healthy, I know) and two eggs cooked in a burger patty ring. Close enough.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Cheese isn't unhealthy, neither are white English muffins
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I buy them from McDonald's. An egg ring also works fine but I rarely make them at home. It's a reasonably macro balanced choice for when I'm on the run and I know I'll need breakfast.

If you don't have an egg ring then just tilt a hot pan a bit and shape the egg with the corner of the spatula. This works very well unless you really want an absolutely perfect circle.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make them every morning. I just fry my eggs. Don't care if they're not perfectly round or don't fit perfect. Still tastes the same!
  • MikilouB
    MikilouB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I bought a very small pan that I can use to fry 1 egg, just the right size for the muffin!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    jmarie1025 wrote: »
    I make them every morning. I just fry my eggs. Don't care if they're not perfectly round or don't fit perfect. Still tastes the same!

This...why does it have to be a perfect circle?
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I did buy egg rings but found unless your pan is absolutely flat they don't work that well. I read somewhere that McDonald's started out using tuna cans with both ends cut out. That would work as well.

Well I thank you for saving me that wasted money as I've been eyeing those egg rings for the longest time now! That's so fascinating what you stated about McDonald's, I wonder if that's true? I'm definitely trying it!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

I've seen that method used on cooking shows.
  • ma2007pmc
    ma2007pmc Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Amazon sells an egg muffin maker. Does the muffin, egg, and Canadian bacon all at once. 25 bucks. P.S. use double fiber muffins.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    You can buy egg rings. I just make an omelet & fold it small

Egg mcmuffins have the yolk intact.