Hot weather is making me struggle

Options
Hi everyone! so the past few months the weather is extremly hot, and the little exercise I was doing in the winter has completly stoped. I was a couch potato most of my life, and when I started on MFP I found the courage and the will to move more, and do some exercise, but as the temperature got hotter I have become a couch potato once more. I haven't got a a/c and temperature is normally 32-35 deggrees celcius inside the house or under shade. So as you might suspect, even when sitting still I am covered in sweat. I try to keep up with my calorie deficit, which is not going all that well the last few weeks, but I am stilll hanging in there. Any suggestions of what I could do to move a little bit without having a heatstroke? Btw I can't go to the gym, I cannot afford it.

Replies

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How are the temps in the early morning? That's when I usually get my workouts in. Even then, sometimes it's so hot and humid I have to cut my runs short. On those days I try to make up with a few shorter walks through the day. Malls and large super stores are great for this. I can get 2 miles or more on a Costco trip! I like to think of filling my cart with enough food and bottled water for two teen boys and a 6'7" husband as resistance training :D
    Hang in there, just doing a little bit every day will add up!
  • Ameliegr
    Ameliegr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    How are the temps in the early morning? That's when I usually get my workouts in. Even then, sometimes it's so hot and humid I have to cut my runs short. On those days I try to make up with a few shorter walks through the day. Malls and large super stores are great for this. I can get 2 miles or more on a Costco trip! I like to think of filling my cart with enough food and bottled water for two teen boys and a 6'7" husband as resistance training :D
    Hang in there, just doing a little bit every day will add up!

At this point it rarely drops below 29, but ( at last) in a couple of weeks it should be a little bit cooler. I am not a morning person, but I could actually do that at night. I do have a park near me, which I could go for a walk late into the night!! :D I can't believe I haven't thought about that.

As for the malls and super stores, although it's a great idea ( and yes for restistance training as well lol ) There arent't any big enough here. But when I do go once I week, I make sure to carry all my shopping by hand, while walking early in the morning!
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! :smiley:
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Go for walk at night. Go buy a skipping rope. You can carry with you. Change it up from walking to a bit of a jog to add some skipping. Bring back pack with water n a towel.
    Add in things like crunches, mountain climbers, push ups.
    Try n write down a circuit to complete. I either do like 12 of each OR do same circuit but see how many I can do in 30 seconds of each. I downloaded a HIIT app on phone that records cycle times.
    Sooooo many things u can do with no equipment.
  • SheilaB368
    SheilaB368 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are some great walk at home videos on YouTube!! Check them out. I started trying them this week because it's been so hot here!!