Before and After Lifting

Options
13»

Replies

• Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is by far one of my favorite success stories, like somebody said you did it all by yourself no gym or trainer. Awesome! More and more I'm liking lifting weights and ditching the scale.
  • Madux1818
    Options
    I think this is my favorite Before & After, just because of how you did it--by yourself, with no gym, no "diet", and just figuring out smart nutrition and exercise. BRAVO!! You're an inspiration!

This.
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    awesome results!!
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful work.
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I want to start off my stating I am no expert nor am I a trained professional the only thing I know is finding what works for me which I am happy to share. I have been on my weight loss journey since June 2013 at 245 a mother of three and constantly sick. Suffering with frequent migraines, depression and severe asthma. That year alone I was hospitalized 3 times because of my asthma. Now I am happy no more antidepressants, I haven't had a migraine in over 2 years, and my asthma is under control. Never once in that time have I stepped foot in a gym. I don't know my current weight but last I checked several months ago I was 145.8 yes 99.2 lbs lost in all. I knew I was going to obsess over the .8 from 100 so I just quit worrying. I learned early on with lifting the scale does not move quickly and sometimes in the other direction. But your body changes must faster than with just cardio in the right way so keep that in mind. Also I am 5'3 so yeah fun size :D I don't have a trainer nor have I ever. I used the local library for weight lifting books to teach myself proper form. Bodybuilding.com also has a lot of good info as well. I have dumbbells ranging from 3 lbs to 45 lbs a barbell that goes up to 200 lbs, a weight bench, pull up bar, resistance cables, and a balance ball. My weeks usually look something like this: Monday: Legs Tuesday: Chest and shoulders Wednesday: Kickboxing Thursday: Back Friday: Biceps and Triceps Saturday: Kickboxing Sunday: Rest Yes I workout 6 days a week and no you don't have to but working out is my therapy so I enjoy doing 6 days. I don't take any supplements other than protein powder. My personal favorite is BPI Iso in smores. I also have never taken any diet pills or meal replacement shakes. It is more important to teach yourself proper nutrition from the beginning so you can make it a lifestyle change and not some quick fix diet. I eat lots of lean meats, veggies, fruits, carbs, and yes fats are invited to the party. I still have cookies as well just not as often. For me saying something is off limits makes me want it more but if I know I can have it then its like meh I'm good I don't want it. That's why I think diets don't work. For those into numbers I eat about 2000 cals a day sometimes a little more sometimes a little less depending on what I burn. Remember FOOD=FUEL you wouldn't run your car on an empty tank so don't run your body on one either. I do like to meal prep bc it saves money since I only buy what I need plus if it is already prepared then when I am hungry eating healthy is just as quick and easy as eating junk. For healthy recipes I also use the library. Check out cook books go through them and find recipes you like. Pintrest also has a lot of good ones as well. Another tip is to keep a protein bar in your purse so if you are out and about and get hungry you wont be as tempted to find yourself in a drive thru. My new favorites are Oh Yeah One bars, white chocolate raspberry will have you saying oh yeah with the first bite just saying ;) Quest bars are also good.

Wow girl!! You rock!!
    And thank you sooo much for sharing.
  • jayhelm078
    jayhelm078 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job!
  • mikeisgod83
    mikeisgod83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Dang girl, you look great! So much hard work! Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration!
  • Pinklacroix
    Pinklacroix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for the kind words
  • toriefitness
    toriefitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for y'all kind words <3 it means a lot to me. For those asking about what workouts I do send me a message. I tend to get excited when talking fitness and my messages can get kind of long plus I have no clue how to reply to just one person on here :o

• toriefitness
    toriefitness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to this... saw your story, very inspiring, could you send me your workout
  • Madux1818
    Options
    I am new to this... saw your story, very inspiring, could you send me your workout

Check out posts above, she stated her workouts. Good luck.
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! So nice to see a younger woman on here finding lifting as the way to the healthy body they want rather than the unfortunately common trend of bottoming out at MFPs limit of 1200 calories a day.

Pretty sure you didn't do that on 1200 calories a day, did you :-). So cool, you look great!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspirational pictures as well as words. You are right, everyone has to find what works for them but this is a great story on eating right and exercise but not DIETING - hate that word. Thanks, I am half way through my journey and this makes me want to keep going.
  • Pinklacroix
    Pinklacroix Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    jbatinker wrote: »
    Thank you for the inspirational pictures as well as words. You are right, everyone has to find what works for them but this is a great story on eating right and exercise but not DIETING - hate that word. Thanks, I am half way through my journey and this makes me want to keep going.

I hate that word as well. Diets fail because most of the time people are under eating. If you want permanent change then you have to make a lifestyle change. Keep on going and remember you got this!
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Love the results....I lift and I love the feeling..but I need to fine tune my nutrition so that I can see the hard work that I put in....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!