Insanity

Options
Is anyone on here currently doing INSANITY? I would love to suffer through this with a couple other people rather than being in agony all by myself :smile:

Replies

• bionicbunnie
    bionicbunnie Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not doing it but best of luck!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    How did it work out for you? Did you make great progress?
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Focus T25 today and plan Insanity for after I finish it. Best of luck with it! :smile:
  • 50extra
    Options
    I did the Alpha round of T25 twice, its no joke either. It's a great workout.
  • nmartinrio710
    nmartinrio710 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm starting insanity today, let's suffer together
  • 50extra
    Options
    Oh and suffer we shall!

Are you literally just starting today with the fit test? Or are you already done the fit test and starting the actual workouts? Either way good luck!
  • 50extra
    Options
    I'm only on day 4 and I watched the video earlier, looks like its more squats a planks to further destroy my already destroyed legs and mid section.
  • nmartinrio710
    nmartinrio710 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah literally doing my fit test today, I started once before, got to week three but I had an injury (not caused by insanity) and had to stop, finally back!
    Let's keep each other motivated through the pain haha
  • 50extra
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the friend add. Check in here when your done and let me know how it went. I'm pretty out of shape but we can always compare fitness tests and see how each person is progressing, my original numbers are pretty low :smile:
  • 50extra
    Options
    I have cardio recovery tonight. I was all pumped about it until I quickly scrolled through the workout and seen all of the squats, squat holds, and squat thrusts, followed by lunges, lunge holds, and lunch thrusts. It's already painful to walk and I'm not going to comment on trying to sit down on the toilet.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My bad knee doesn't like Insanity.
  • 50extra
    Options
    My bad knee doesn't like Insanity.

I can completely understand that. My knees don't like jumping too much either.
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity right now :-) friend me!
  • 50extra
    Options
    So last night for me was cardio recovery and it wasn't too bad at all. Other than the deep slow squats and lunges with the pulses and holds the rest wasn't too bad and actually gave my legs a bit of time to recover. Today I am still in pain when I walk but I don't physically have to limp from DOMS.

I'm sure with the day off yesterday, the planned workout tonight is going to be "special" and I'm going to feel the same tomorrow as I have been all week. Regardless, I am excited to get through it and get to the point where my muscles don't constantly hurt.

How did everyone else to today? Which workout did you do and how did you find it?
  • 50extra
    Options
    @Liz890 This is the page where I am posting about Insanity.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    50extra wrote: »
    I did the Alpha round of T25 twice, its no joke either. It's a great workout.

Well, no joke at all! Did the first 2 work outs, one yesterday and one today and boy! Shaun T really knows how to push you! I also watched the full body circuit and I think I'm gonna die when I do this one. lol

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how you go with Insanity if you don't mind me lurking :smile:
  • 50extra
    Options
    Yeah no problem at all, feel free to post in here about T25 too.
  • 50extra
    Options
    So last night in Insanity was Pure Cardio and it was fantastic. It was the first time since I started that I was happy with the amount of work I was able to put in. It was also the first time that I made it all the way through the warm up and to the stretching without stopping. I didn't realize that there were no breaks in it and had to stop several times through the workout, the nice part was watching the machines stop too so it must be hard for people that are in top shape too.

I am actually looking forward to the next time I get to do this DVD now that I know what it has in it.

The good news is the muscle soreness in my entire body is starting to go away and that means that week two should be much more enjoyable than week one.

Very excited to keep moving forward.
  • nitesky83
    nitesky83 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I completed the program almost twice. My soreness went away after week two. I still do insanity but only 1-2x / wk. Loved it
  • 50extra
    Options
    nitesky83 wrote: »
    I completed the program almost twice. My soreness went away after week two. I still do insanity but only 1-2x / wk. Loved it

I'm only in week 1 but can't wait to get to month 2. All of the transformation videos I have seen seem to have the biggest changes there.