Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• Hunter_Killer
    Hunter_Killer Posts: 177 Member
    Options
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Ajirvin wrote: »
    It's true. I was tormented in high school- now it's trendy. I'm happy that people are free to let their nerd flag fly, but I do have a problem with nerd "posers." Girls or guys with Star Wars tattoos, tshirts, or decor, but can't recognize when the movies are quoted. Same with the doctor, Star Trek, lord of the rings, Harry Potter, etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!! I THIS this so hard!!! It just so damn obnoxious when people try to pose just to fit in. Is it frowned upon top walk up to people and be like "Dude your posers showing" ?

yes, yes it is. You have no idea why they are wearing it- maybe it was gift and the don't want to hurt someone's feelings by not wearing/using it, maybe they just liked the color, maybe it's the only shirt that was clean.
    Personally as a fan of Dr. Who I want everyone to buy Dr Who merchandise because shows that make money don't get cancelled. I don't care if the person buying it has no idea what the show is, or if they hate the show and are going home to burn it in effigy. As long as the shows I like make money and prove their value to the companies that make them.
    It's funny how both of you were bullied and disliked it but now have no problem bullying other people because they aren't nerdy/geeky enough in your opinion.
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Geeky_and_Cheeky Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Where's the anime fans? So sad Bleach is over. Even sadder I missed Tokyo in Tulsa in July & haven't finished my cosplay outfit
  • Brad61179
    Brad61179 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Nerd checking in
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options
    Welcome fellow nerd
  • Brad61179
    Brad61179 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options
    What's your nerdiest attribute?

Mine is love of anime/manga, cosplay, love comics, superhero movies. I wish I could sew or had a great wig collection for cosplay
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,592 Member
    Options
    Cosplay for sure
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Another nerd checking in.
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options
    I'm working on squeezing into a Miranda Lotto jumpsuit. Might just be a Soul Reaper & wear a big trash bag :'(
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options
    I also love old school games, I'm all about that Mario Kart life on Nintendo. Or Street Fighter on Sega
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I'm working on squeezing into a Miranda Lotto jumpsuit. Might just be a Soul Reaper & wear a big trash bag :'(

lol ur funny

I try, I try. If I drop the 20lbs I need to, then I'll be Miranda Lotto for Tokyo in Tulsa when they come back! I want to join the D.Gray-Man panel. Maybe cosplay as another character the next day... Not sure who! I wear glasses so maybe Nanao from Bleach since Bleach is more popular & widely known. Hmmmm
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options
    Anyone play Pokemon Go? I just downloaded it this morning & am already bored lol
  • mleech77
    Options
    Anyone play Pokemon Go? I just downloaded it this morning & am already bored lol

My wife started playing it, and insisted that I download it. It's been fun for getting us out of the house from time to time. There are actually two spawn points in our house so makes it rather convenient.
  • Tialuna18
    Options

It's fun if you're playing with friends and or live in a heavily populated area as to be around more poke stops.
  • mleech77
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »

It's fun if you're playing with friends and or live in a heavily populated area as to be around more poke stops.

That is the downfall of living out in the country like I do, no pokestops closeby.
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    mleech77 wrote: »
    Tialuna18 wrote: »

That is the downfall of living out in the country like I do, no pokestops closeby.

I've recently moved to a suburban area and I also feel this in that it's underdeveloped. I usually go down to my cities harbour as it has the most active stops.
  • mleech77
    Options
    There are a couple parks within a few miles of our house that my wife and I take our son on walks at when we want to get our pokemon go fix on.
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Need Alert! Right here :)
  • Geeky_and_Cheeky
    Options

lol ur funny

I try, I try. If I drop the 20lbs I need to, then I'll be Miranda Lotto for Tokyo in Tulsa when they come back! I want to join the D.Gray-Man panel. Maybe cosplay as another character the next day... Not sure who! I wear glasses so maybe Nanao from Bleach since Bleach is more popular & widely known. Hmmmm

anything Bleach is good to me......there is talks of a live action movie next year......we will see....supposedly on the first arches. I would love that since I have nothing else to feed my Bleach craving.

The CON this year is for Villians.....of course not everyone will dress that way but I'm working on mine for it.

That'll be awesome. Hopefully the live action will be better than Avatar or Dragonball were. I loved the 1000 year blood arc except the ending was too fast. Kubo did very well with that arc, lots of action. I was hoping they'd bring back the anime!