Excessive snack options

Options
cbdtx
cbdtx Posts: 2 Member
I'm new to the MFP community. I apologize if this has been asked a thousand times over already. But I'm looking for a good "binge" snack. So, instead of lounging and filling up on potatoe chips, I could replace with, say; baby carrots..

Can you recommend some more healthy/lower calorie alternatives for "binge snacking"?

Replies

• leandrum
    leandrum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    munching on cucumber as I type
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you don't add too much butter, popcorn gives quite a bit of volume for the calories.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Jicama is a good binge snacker. After 100 grams of it you don't want to binge anymore. It's sweet, crunchy and low-cal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Your binge snacking items are fairly limited. Some of the lowest calorie veggies are cucumbers, celery, bok choy, cauliflower. I love snap peas as a snack.

I like microwave popcorn. I make my own in a microwave popping bowl, just 1 teaspoon of oil to get the salt to stick.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you're binge eating, I would highly recommend seeking out treatment rather than looking for lower calorie snacks. Binge eating is psychologically taxing and shouldn't be taken lightly. The feelings, anxieties, and control issues that often surround it can be minimized through therapy or at home exercises. Please get yourself some help! You deserve it.

Unless you're using binge eating as a synonym for, like, mindless munching or whatever verbiage binging has been diluted to these days. In which case, wasabi peas are a favorite of mine.
  • cbdtx
    cbdtx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, i meant "mindless muching". particularly more nutritious options. i was on my phone and used the 1st word that came to mind, in a rush.

thanks for the great list of items guys! this was exactly what i was looking for!

ill have to look up "Jicama". this is a new one. :-)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I just log it first then it's not mindless

I like munching

I also like quavers (90 calories) and walkers pops (85 calories) or walkers prawn cocktail (130 calories) multibag sizes are around 16g

I get my nutrition sorted then I'm happy to munch within reason and pre logged

It might work for you
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    I like pickles.
    My mother and sister used to slice up cucumbers and soak them in white vinegar overnight in the fridge with ground pepper and a little salt. It's a pseudo pickle. I guess if you don't overdo the salt, you can have a lot.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My go-to lately has been grape tomatoes. I've been getting pounds of them off of the 2 plants in my garden and I've been eating them like... well, like grapes! Especially when they're just off the vine... still warm from the sun... darn it. Now I'm hungry.

I also like cucumber slices for mindless munchies. Or a 100 cal bag of microwave popcorn. And sugar snap peas are awesome, but they can add up quicker than you'd think if you're not careful.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like pickles.
    My mother and sister used to slice up cucumbers and soak them in white vinegar overnight in the fridge with ground pepper and a little salt. It's a pseudo pickle. I guess if you don't overdo the salt, you can have a lot.

Yum! Refrigerator pickles....I've been meaning to try some of these.